cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1: how long to wait to ask CLI after denial for insufficient usage?

tag
go_FICO_self
Frequent Contributor

Cap1: how long to wait to ask CLI after denial for insufficient usage?

I asked for CLI on cap1 card and was denied for insufficient usage. Now i can show some good usage for the next several months.

My question is when to ask for the next CLI. Immediately when the account shows significant usage? Or when statement cuts showing the usage? Or 2-3 statements later? Anyone with experience?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1: how long to wait to ask CLI after denial for insufficient usage?

You can hit that button every single day until they say yes if you want.

Although, I'd really suggest you give it a couple of months, show heavy usage, to the point where you have to make multiple payments per month and you should be good to go. Good luck!
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long have you had the card? Cap 1 does like to see heavy usage. Their accounts are generally eligible for CLIs every 6 months. Although some folks have gotten increases before that time frame. YMMV. Building a healthy credit profile takes time and patience. Best of luck!
Message 3 of 5
gh17
Frequent Contributor

I request all the time, for no reason really.  I was probably requesting once a month for a while when it was around 10k, always got a no, but then one day, random email came saying they were upping it to 17.5.  I forget when they moved it further than that.  But I don't think I've ever gotten a "yes" from clicking that button, and I've done it a LOT.  Always get "not enough usage."  But I also don't think clicking the button all the time hurt me too much since they've given me credit increases still.

This is my highest usage card by far, but it's usually in the 700-1200 dollar range, not anywhere near my limit, so I don't blame them.

BofA Cash Rewards 25,000 (2009) | Citi Double Cash 25,000 (2011) | Cap1 Quicksilver 10,000 (2013) | Discover It 31,000 (2014) | Chase Freedom 9000 (2014) | Barclaycard Rewards 25,000 (2014)

FICO: 840 Discover/Barclays/BofA TU, 869 Citi Equifax
Message 4 of 5
go_FICO_self
Frequent Contributor

Yes, I guess there's no harm in keep hitting the luv button. Especially given Cap1's credit limit rules.

Just wanted to check if others have some experience with such scenario.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.