Did you mean: 

Cap1 is becoming my favorite CC...

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cap1 is becoming my favorite CC...

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Hey. Remember me?

The guy with the lowly 600 GM WEMC a year ago with wasted HP's trying to get a little lift on it?

.................so let's try this again.

I Will remember that when I am in my 70's or 80's..  Onlly a few things I remember on this forum your 600 WEMC is one of them and another persons 400$ freedom when his other cards were in the 10k range.

Message 11 of 74
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Venture is my everyday card and I am giving them all my business. Got my bonus points within 1-2 days after I spent $3k. All my transactions have gone through with no problems. Besides Amex I can use cap1 with no fear of getting declined for a security alert ....are you listening chase/barclaycard??!!! I also love their wallet app for my iPhone! 

Message 12 of 74
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Cap One is truly a completely different company than the one I burned at the turn of the century, that was the old Crap One as people still unfairly refer to it as. Are they perfect? Nope, there's no such thing. The only issue I ever had was a bad CS call, but I realize that can happen anywhere.
Bottom line is Cap One gave me a chance when they had every right to tell me to get lost and they didn't plunder me with tons of fees for the privilege. They laid a great foundation for me to build upon not only my relationship with them, but other cards as well.
So while some people will always have a stigmatized view of Cap One, I know they've helped a whole lot of people out and who can criticize that.
Message 13 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love my Playstation Card.

Bought a console, had to return it, already paid, my return payment was less than 24hr turnaround.  CSR for Cap1 Sony was amazing. Polite, respectful, informative. All I want is to be treated as a valued customer even if I have average credit! Trust, this doesn't always happen.

I don't know much, but I know at the least, my QS may become SD, be closed, who knows but my PS Visa will live on as long as I game...which I've already done for several decades.Smiley Embarassed

Message 14 of 74
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Hey. Remember me?

The guy with the lowly 600 GM WEMC a year ago with wasted HP's trying to get a little lift on it?

.................so let's try this again.

I Will remember that when I am in my 70's or 80's..  Onlly a few things I remember on this forum your 600 WEMC is one of them and another persons 400$ freedom when his other cards were in the 10k range.

So will i.

Just when i had dismissed them for good over all that they turned around, put a hook in my jaw and reeled my butt right back in..........and in a BIG WAY Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 74
zyzzus
Established Contributor

If they had a 2% card with no annual fee I'd  use them over the double cash or fid amex.

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 16 of 74
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I dunno. Pizza shares the same sentiment that i have anymore.

Capital One posts charges, cash backs instantly quick. Payments and the occasional credit by mail check is swift too!!

Their SP CLI's come through like clockwork not to mention they offer great long-term 0% BT transfers. Good SL's!

Let's not forget their newest feature of combining lines at 6 months.

And like she said, the website is a dream to navigate, everything within easy reach etc.

They've won me over hands down.

Message 17 of 74
zyzzus
Established Contributor

Shoot me for not reading the whole thread, but I've had some wine and have become lazy.

I love the fact their cards by default have no FTF

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 18 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

The ironic thing for me is I have the Amex everyday card but my capital one card gets 90% of my spending. The Amex card gets about $20 a month so I wont be surprised if Amex cancels it eventually for not making much on me. No af, no interest and only $20 a month so I'm sure I'm not their ideal customer.

Yeah capital one has improved a lot and are definitely my favorite issuer.
Message 19 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One sucks. They may cease to suck if they ever give me a CLI.

Message 20 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.