Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 is becoming my favorite CC...

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Cap1 is becoming my favorite CC...

Say what you will about them, (im guilty as well..)

but dang it, they post charges/payment/credits FAST!!!  And whenever Ive cashed in points/cash back ...Ive had them within the week in my mail.

Yes, I had a little issue with fraud, awhile back..but, they have been great to me, and I like their online system too.  Very easy to navigate thru, and see everything. I have been putting 70% of my spend on my Cap1 CC's.  I really like them as a whole. Just my 2 centsSmiley Happy

Message 1 of 74
73 REPLIES 73
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Cap1 is becoming my favorite CC...

@pizza1 wrote:

but dang it, they post charges/payment/credits FAST!!!  And whenever Ive cashed in points/cash back ...Ive had them within the week in my mail.

Yes, I had a little issue with fraud, awhile back..but, they have been great to me, and I like their online system too.  Very easy to navigate thru, and see everything. I have been putting 70% of my spend on my Cap1 CC's.  I really like them as a whole. Just my 2 centsSmiley Happy

Ive been saying this about cap one a couple of years. When i thought about it seriously. They are really in a class of their own. Sure. they have their little Quirks. But overall i can't ask for more without fear of AA. If only Amex was more like them. But i must say. Discover still number 1 in my book. cap one not far behind.

Message 2 of 74
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

I can say my Quicksilver is freakin' awesome. And yeah cash back is really quick..

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 3 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed... I have changed my opinion of them.  They are really trying to please their customers and that gets them an A in my booksSmiley Happy..

Message 4 of 74
baller4life
Super Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

Ive been saying this about cap one a couple of years. When i thought about it seriously. They are really in a class of their own. Sure. they have their little Quirks. But overall i can't ask for more without fear of AA. If only Amex was more like them. But i must say. Discover still number 1 in my book. cap one not far behind.

+ a trillion. I've talked mucho smack about Cap One in the past because of a bad experience years ago. But I must say they are one of the most reliable lenders out there. You don't have to live on eggshells in fear of AA with them. Just take care of your account and pay your bill on time. They are certainly one of my favs now I must say. Discover and Navy Fed taking the top spot of course! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 74
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Agreed... I have changed my opinion of them.  They are really trying to please their customers and that gets them an A in my booksSmiley Happy..

agreed!!  They are really working hard!  Sometimes, all it takes is a little patience, which some of us here dont have, me included but Im working on that, lol...but Ive seen changes in them in the last 2 yrs, that they are trying to become everyones favorite CCC. I have to hand it to them for trying hard, and making the changes they have. 

Message 6 of 74
Pway
Valued Contributor

I agree, Capital One is the best lender out there hands down.  They have been more generous to me than Barclay's.  My Capital One cards has grown substantially and my Barclay's sit at the limit of approval.  I have run my Capital One cards to the limit paid them off and they have not jumped in terms of CLD.  They will forever be in my wallet. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 7 of 74
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

+ a trillion. I've talked mucho smack about Cap One in the past because of a bad experience years ago. But I must say they are one of the most reliable lenders out there. You don't have to live on eggshells in fear of AA with them. Just take care of your account and pay your bill on time. They are certainly one of my favs now I must say. Discover and Navy Fed taking the top spot of course! Smiley Happy

100% agree!!!  They are last CCC who would take AA on you, so it seems.  Treat them right...use their cards, and pay on time, and they stick around forever. 

Message 8 of 74
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Guilty as well.. I talk alot of smack about them still lol, but I don't have to fear AA with them like most other lenders and that is conforting with that alone not having to worry about.  Amex/Discover/Barclay's/BofA/Discover/Citi/Us Bank will AA if they get worried w/blink of an eye, but not Cap1 I can't tell you how many times I use to let 95% utilization report back before myfico days!

With that said I was out at a bar the other weekend maybe last..  I saw like 4 or 5 people use their venture card.. I kinda like being unique so that bothered me a bit lol.  So I had to use the Amex Platinum I believe that time to be a  bit different although next netting me best returns.. Call me vain I can live with itSmiley Happy.. I use Cap1 mainly for uber and some online charges that are sizeable.

Message 9 of 74
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Hey. Remember me?

The guy with the lowly 600 GM WEMC a year ago with wasted HP's trying to get a little lift on it?

.................so let's try this again.

CapOneWIYW.jpg

Message 10 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.