Did you mean: 

Cap1 is becoming my favorite CC...

tag
Kutuzov
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cap1 is becoming my favorite CC...

@baller4life wrote:

@Kutuzov wrote:
They are Great now. Their Peggy CS, with absolutely no power seems tr have improved, they now can at least do a temporary apr reduction, an even waive af. Unfortunately they still won't badge on real apr reductions, so they get a A from me, Discover is an A+.

Man this forum sure is team Discover aren't we!! Smiley Very Happy#discoverrocks #teamdiscover

To be honest I got my DW a cap1 cc years ago maybe 5. She got approved for $300 and got a cli witr the steps to $500, back then was 3 months not 5 like now. I pay the bills she's a stay home Mom, and she dislikes all paperwork, including credit seeking. Back then I knew cap1 wouldn't give her any auto cli, or any other luv, and maximum damage would be $500 a month if I paid in full. Starting last year she got some auto cli and an upgrade from a basic cc to QS. That shows how recently (I'll say no more than 2 years), they started to try to keep customers after they could get another prime lender to approve them, and giving the Peggys of America (like my DW) some luv. I think they might become an A+ on my book if they just get more lean on APR, and pc's. My 2 cents. By the way since Cap1 upgraded my wife cc and gave her a cl of $5500 or so, I have steer my wife to apply for a BJs cc, and she got it but just $1.5k which is GOOD, I don't really want a bigger cl ... the QS is now sd Smiley Happy

Gardening since 03/25/2016. Discover FICO 705 (4/21/16).
Discover It 2000, Barclay Ring 7100, Capital One QS 7000, Amazon sc 6000, Chase AARP 2500, Barclay Rewards 500
Message 31 of 74
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I could not have asked for more.

They gave me 3000 card 1 month after BK.

They gave me another one a month later.

Then another, so on and so on.

18 months and 7 cards after BK, I have a 50k total CL!

They're in my wallet!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 32 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Meh. They are one of the best for honoring the credit limit..... but I refuse to be boxed into them like they encourage.  Yes I know its the consumers responsibility.... but I'm sorry, you shouldn't be approving folks for 2nd 3rd and 4th cards, essentially  duplicates when you deny them CLI all the time. Makes no sense. Not to mention each time racking up 3 inquiries. I know credit is the responsibility of the consumer, but it is encouraging really bad behavior.

My quicksilver starts 24.9% apr november 1st.  I am going to see if they will lower it...but honestly, all of my spend has moved to DC, Amtrak, PRG, etc so..... yeah. I wont close it. But I shouldn't have to resort to quirky tactics to get the limit and terms that I need. ( no offense of those of you that have, seriously)

Their combining process is mediocre at best. No guarantee it will work. Have had 5 family members attempt to combine, and CS just says, keep trying.  Ok?

Cap1 is great, yes. But for me, they would be superb if they would operate differently with different levels of credit.  It just doesn't feel right to me. Kinda shady.  I mean what purpose does it serve?  They can see all 3 bureaus and report to it. Why do they deem it acceptable to mark their territory so much????? I ain't going for more cap1 products. I am sitting on 6 cap1 inquiries right now. NINE total inquiries would be infuriating...  They need to single/double pull like everyone else and come out with some new products.  And also be more willing to adjust APR and have some transparency about the combination process.

Message 33 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah with the last card I got from them I noticed they pulled all 3 reports.
Message 34 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

My quicksilver starts 24.9% apr november 1st.

Mine starts with 17.9% around the same time - so I just paid off the balance I've been carrying since I got the card.

Message 35 of 74
Sharingan
Established Contributor

I had a few Capital One cards years ago and didn't return to them until this past summer with a Venture card, which I wanted for its bonus. As far as I'm concerned, they are the same company that I remember in the past. On their own, they are okay I suppose. My greatest issues with them are, however, when they are compared to the other banks I do business with. This is where Capital One just cannot compete. I still find their customer service severely lacking, and they still don't have a product that isn't easily outclassed by better options available. A large credit limit obtained via a Venture and/or consolidation doesn't make up for a lackluster rewards/cash back offering for me either. As for that triple pull, well... I don't think there is anything left for me to say about it. Personally, I think it's grossly excessive and a terrible exchange for most of their products. 

Regardless, I have noticed that they have a much more favorable opinion amongst others, and I have also noticed the recent 2015 JD Power Credit Card Satisfaction Study. Evidently, they must be doing something right for the majority of their customers. 

Message 36 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sharingan wrote:

I had a few Capital One cards years ago and didn't return to them until this past summer with a Venture card, which I wanted for its bonus. As far as I'm concerned, they are the same company that I remember in the past. On their own, they are okay I suppose. My greatest issues with them are, however, when they are compared to the other banks I do business with. This is where Capital One just cannot compete. I still find their customer service severely lacking, and they still don't have a product that isn't easily outclassed by better options available. A large credit limit obtained via a Venture and/or consolidation doesn't make up for a lackluster rewards/cash back offering for me either. As for that triple, well... I don't think there is anything left for me to say about it. Personally, I think it's grossly excessive and a terrible exchange for most of their products. 

Regardless, I have noticed that they have a much more favorable opinion amongst others, and I have also noticed the recent JD Power study. Evidently, they must be doing something right for the majority of their customers. 

Yep, they areSmiley Happy

Message 37 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

Say what you will about them, (im guilty as well..)

but dang it, they post charges/payment/credits FAST!!!  And whenever Ive cashed in points/cash back ...Ive had them within the week in my mail.

Yes, I had a little issue with fraud, awhile back..but, they have been great to me, and I like their online system too.  Very easy to navigate thru, and see everything. I have been putting 70% of my spend on my Cap1 CC's.  I really like them as a whole. Just my 2 centsSmiley Happy

I agree. I've said before that I can remember over 10 yrs ago when they had a slightly seedy rep. Not now, they're as good as any. I think when people badmouth them maybe they've been declined or had a bad experience. Their credit steps program has been copied by other banks. Another thing ( maybe trivial ) you get the card fast after approval. Was approved for QS1 last week, got the card yesterday! I now have 3.

Message 38 of 74
ddemari
Super Contributor

Big Cap1 fan over here. They are my favorite lender for a few reasons but I enjoy most their stability. I use their card, I pay and they reward and don't bother me. I burned them several times in the past when I was younger and they always let me back in. I went from $300 limits back in 2012 to $15,000.00 limits in 2015. Payments post quick and same with rewards. The cap1 wallet I didn't find any use of, but I like their emails about second looks which is a nice feature.
Message 39 of 74
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

I didn't know about Capital One Wallet. It's a pretty good app! I set it up and it was asking me about being the default payments app. The problem with that is of course if you set it as the default app but have other cards via Android/Samsung/Apple Pay presumably it will only let you use your Cap One card. So I'll probably just use Android Pay but keep Wallet for viewing my transactions and getting alerts. Nice how it supports pattern lock to get into your account info.

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 40 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.