Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 lowered my APR & CareCredit shut me down

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 lowered my APR & CareCredit shut me down

My apr with Cap1 was 4.9 and it went up to 29.9 and now they lowered it to 13.9. I got a letter from GE Money saying that I have went over a year with no activity and that they closed my account. I'm gonna call and see if they will reopen.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap1 lowered my APR & CareCredit shut me down

Good luck getting the Care Credit to re open!  I certainly have some cards I use more often than others & some are great for certain things, but every card needs some activity every 3 or 4 mos just to keep the issuer happy. 

I'm guessing you don't have pets....Care Credit is great for the vet bills!!  

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 4
laz98
Senior Contributor

at least they gave you over a year.  mine got closed after about 7 months.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BungalowMo wrote:

Good luck getting the Care Credit to re open!  I certainly have some cards I use more often than others & some are great for certain things, but every card needs some activity every 3 or 4 mos just to keep the issuer happy. 

I'm guessing you don't have pets....Care Credit is great for the vet bills!!  

There are also med spa's that accept it...so i can occassionally treat DW to a massage or day spa with mani/pedi/massage or facial or whatever they do.  Can PIF or make a few payments on promo if the amount is enough....but some of the spa services start at $35 and up....so can find something not too pricey and get many kudos and dividends with DW!

IMO Smiley Happy

Message Edited by txjohn on 02-17-2010 03:53 PM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.