Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 platinum to signature

tag
vAirGo7
Regular Contributor

Cap1 platinum to signature

Just got my CL increased to $5000 via CAP1 EO. Need advise how to upgrade my visa platinum to visa signature. I forgot to mention the upgrade on the phone. So I called normal CSR it was not helpful. Thanks!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap1 platinum to signature

Maybe try again w the same eo rep?

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 2 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 16
vAirGo7
Regular Contributor

i forget to get her info Smiley Frustrated should i try to direct call EO? well i want to avoid this route

oh she told me that next week HSBC accounts system will merged with CAP1. I have no luck with my Bestbuy mastercardcard just got my fee waived for this year.

Message 4 of 16
melbaro
New Contributor

I recently tried to get my PlayStation Visa ($7500 CL) upgraded to Siggy status...at first all was good to go, but apparently with the issuance of a new number from Visa, it required reporting a new account and replacing the old one under Capital One's system. I know other institutions do not have this problem, but with all the changes going on at Capital One I didn't want to make a mess of my account and the way it reports. If anything I will call the same gentleman and see if anything has changed a year from now. 

He was EXTREMELY helpful, and even though I wasn't able to get my acount upgraded, the effort and follow-up alone will keep me as a customer.

Message 5 of 16
vAirGo7
Regular Contributor

well the online CSR told me i can check if there are any offers for my account by login then go to Account tab and click on the features. I think this has nothing to do to upgrade from platinum to signature?

Message 6 of 16
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

A few weeks/months after getting a CLI from the EO, I was able to convert both of my Visa Platinum and Platinum MasterCard No-Hassle Rewards cards to Visa Signature and World MasterCard Cash Rewards cards through online chat.

Message 7 of 16
vAirGo7
Regular Contributor

@swampsystems - good to know that....maybe i should wait for a while for eligible upgrade

Message 8 of 16
melbaro
New Contributor

@SwampSystems wrote:

A few weeks/months after getting a CLI from the EO, I was able to convert both of my Visa Platinum and Platinum MasterCard No-Hassle Rewards cards to Visa Signature and World MasterCard Cash Rewards cards through online chat.

Did they report as new tradelines or did they continue reporting as the original accounts?

Message 9 of 16
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@melbaro wrote:

@SwampSystems wrote:

Did they report as new tradelines or did they continue reporting as the original accounts?

They continued to report as the original accounts with the same account numbers.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.