Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 reporting date(s)

tag
backtogood
New Contributor

Cap1 reporting date(s)

Have had my capitalone secured card for a few months now and a little frustrated on trying to figure out when they report to the Cra s. I normally use my card frequently paying off the balance as I go. I'm trying to keep my utilization down by doing this however I may not be doing it at the best time as they continue to report my high balance toward the cra. I spoke to a rep and they were only able to tell me when my statement was printed the 10th of each month, and not when they report to the cra. my bill is due on the 8th. My question is does anyone have any insight on this? I'm assuming that if I pay down my balance between the 8th and not use the card until after the statements printed that may be the time frame they report? Any suggestions please?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
trix_r_4_kids
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap1 reporting date(s)

My bill is also due on the 8th of every month.  The new statement is cut on the 11th.  Whatever my balance is on the 11th is reported to the bureaus on the 11th.

(*edited to fix typo)

I used to post my scores here. However, I'm prone to motion sickness and the ups and downs were nauseating.
Message 2 of 5
backtogood
New Contributor

Ok that's good information. Thank you
Message 3 of 5
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Same as trix.

Balance due on the 12th.  Statement cuts on the 15th.  Always reports the balance from the end of the day on the 15th.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 4 of 5
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

My cap one cash rewards card has a statement closing date of the 27th on most months.  Its usually reporting to the bureaus about 24 - 48 hours after that.

My wife's cap one plat closes on the 15th of each month and usually also reports within the same time frame.

Discover is really fast to report.  Usually it closes on the 24th and by close of business on the next busness day it has reported.

Amex is a tad slower.  Closes for me on the 29th of each month (not sure what it will be in feb due to leap year) but it usually takes them about a week to report. Amex also has a longer time from closing date to payment deadline and its usually 2 full weeks give or take a day.

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.