Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 secured to unsecured

tag
glendazamot
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap1 secured to unsecured

Im sorry I meant GWs. But ok, would you still recommend getting another secured card or just increase my limit on the one that I have and work on my baddies?
Message 21 of 33
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@glendazamot wrote:
Im sorry I meant GWs. But ok, would you still recommend getting another secured card or just increase my limit on the one that I have and work on my baddies?

I'd increase what you got and work on the baddies. Give your INQ's time to age and hopefully you get some luck getting some baddies deleted.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 22 of 33
glendazamot
Regular Contributor

Sounds good. Thank you so much for your advise!! : )
Message 23 of 33
glendazamot
Regular Contributor

Good info Relevante. Thank you!
Message 24 of 33
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Cap1 does not unsecure.   And you do not have to close it to apply for another card with them.

Since you have the card already, wait until you have some good history built up with them and then apply for unsecured card with them.   You are much more likely to get approval and a decent card from them since you have built history with them.

Message 25 of 33
glendazamot
Regular Contributor

Very good info thank you.
Message 26 of 33
cappucino24
Valued Member

Well I received a CLI for $100 today on my secured Capital One card! I was shocked...the email stated " Because you've arned it..." So it looks like they do graduate the secured card.

Starting Score: EQ 593
Current Score: EQ (sw) 635, TU (sw) 661, EX 635 (lender pull
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 33
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@cappucino24 wrote:

Well I received a CLI for $100 today on my secured Capital One card! I was shocked...the email stated " Because you've arned it..." So it looks like they do graduate the secured card.

That is a feature of the card (credit steps), usually after 6 months.    I never heard anyone got more than one and it still does not unsecure. ,  

Message 28 of 33
cappucino24
Valued Member

ohh ok...it's been about that..I got the card in April...So they give you an unsecured credit increase on a secured card?

Starting Score: EQ 593
Current Score: EQ (sw) 635, TU (sw) 661, EX 635 (lender pull
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 29 of 33
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@cappucino24 wrote:

ohh ok...it's been about that..I got the card in April...So they give you an unsecured credit increase on a secured card?

Yes, usually based on credit improvement, I believe.     Some get it upfront, that is they get $300 limit on $50 deposit.  

It is a good sign that your credit is improving.  

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.