Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 to no longer offer WEMC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 to no longer offer WEMC

So, I was working with the Cap1 EO to get my QS (it's a mastercard, though not the QS1) upgraded to WEMC from platinum.  The EO rep told me that "the products team" informed her they're no longer offering WEMC, but they could upgrade me to WMC.  An upgrade is an upgrade so I accepted, but I find the statement that they'll no longer be offering WEMC odd.  Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 to no longer offer WEMC

They never officially offered it, so the CSR may or may not know what they are talking about.

Message 2 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Nothing odd IMO.  That's been known for quite sometime here on MF and other forums.  While there are individuals who were able to get the WE upgrade at some point in the past and those cards are in circulation, it is something that Capital One has phased out for the QS and Venture CCs.  By the same token, the've also tested the metal core CC for Venture/Venture One to a limited segment.

Message 3 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

They never officially offered it, so the CSR may or may not know what they are talking about.

Exactly.  It was primarily a targetted, marketing effort - not something advertised on their website.

Message 4 of 7
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

yea it sucks.  i have been trying to get my venture world mc upgraded to wemc.  i want that silver emblem!

the GM cards by Cap One are WEMC.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 5 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

yea it sucks.  i have been trying to get my venture world mc upgraded to wemc.  i want that silver emblem!

I'm sure most folks want the silver balls just for "looks" or to impress, but beneftis would trump the balls IME (honestly).  I suppose different strokes for different folks.

For the GM BuyPower MC, separate marketing efforts (i.e. partnership between GM and CapitalOne) + these are not Capital One "in-house" CCs.  Another partner/private label MC is the Saks Fifth Ave WE. 

Message 6 of 7
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

I'm sure most folks want the silver balls just for "looks" or to impress, but beneftis would trump the balls IME (honestly).  I suppose different strokes for different folks.

For the GM BuyPower MC, separate marketing efforts (i.e. partnership between GM and CapitalOne) + these are not Capital One "in-house" CCs.  Another partner/private label MC is the Saks Fifth Ave WE. 

Doesn't the BuyPower WEMC card also offer free or heavily-discounted complimentary car rental upgrades though?  I remember reading a thread a while back where someone said that te Cap1 BuyPower offers something like a free car rental upgrade through Avis (and possibly one other vendor) from basic-tier rental cars to luxury-tier cars like Chrysler 300, luxury-style SUVs, etc.?  In addition to the silver logo, that was one of the major reasons I persistently sought out the BuyPower card until I got it, even though it cost me 3 HP inquiries, lol.  Or is that with all WEMCs, not just the BuyPower card?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.