Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 4,875
Registered: ‎11-02-2010
0

Cap1 - upgraded to Venture!!!

I've had a Cap1 Platinum Visa since 1999. It started out with a $1400 CL and sat there until June of last year, when I received an unexpected $5000 CLI, bringing it to its current CL of $6400. It has a $59 AF, but no rewards.

 

Since I'm coming up on my AF, I decided to go into a chat session and see if I could upgrade. I wasn't expecting this to work, since I've never received an upgrade offer via the Modify Your Features button, or a mail offer. But, I figured that I'd try and if it didn't work I'd approach the Executive Office. The original CSR took my info and then transferred me to another department. After a few minutes of chatting with the new CSR, I was asked what kind of rewards I wanted. I told her that I was interested in the Venture card. A couple of minutes later and -- they offered me the VentureOne, with no AF. I asked if I could get the Venture instead. She said that it has a $59 AF and I said that was fine. A minute later and -- "Your account will be upgraded to a Venture Visa Signature card." ... followed by the terms and conditions.

 

I'm so happy! I have cash rewards cards, but no travel specific cards. I don't go out of state (FL) very often, but I do go within state several times a year and could use the rewards towards hotels and such. I feel like this has rounded out my wallet, without apping for anything new. This card is important to me, as it's the oldest card in my wallet, not counting a backdated Amex, so I want to keep it. But it's been a bit of an ouch hanging onto a card with an AF and no rewards. Finally, my plain vanilla Cap1 Visa card has grown up and become a more useful card! So happy!!! Smiley Very Happy


Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Established Contributor
Posts: 608
Registered: ‎10-11-2012
0

Re: Cap1 - upgraded to Venture!!!

That's wonderful!! Congratulations!!!


NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014






Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,339
Registered: ‎09-11-2012
0

Re: Cap1 - upgraded to Venture!!!


tinuviel wrote:

I've had a Cap1 Platinum Visa since 1999. It started out with a $1400 CL and sat there until June of last year, when I received an unexpected $5000 CLI, bringing it to its current CL of $6400. It has a $59 AF, but no rewards.

 

Since I'm coming up on my AF, I decided to go into a chat session and see if I could upgrade. I wasn't expecting this to work, since I've never received an upgrade offer via the Modify Your Features button, or a mail offer. But, I figured that I'd try and if it didn't work I'd approach the Executive Office. The original CSR took my info and then transferred me to another department. After a few minutes of chatting with the new CSR, I was asked what kind of rewards I wanted. I told her that I was interested in the Venture card. A couple of minutes later and -- they offered me the VentureOne, with no AF. I asked if I could get the Venture instead. She said that it has a $59 AF and I said that was fine. A minute later and -- "Your account will be upgraded to a Venture Visa Signature card." ... followed by the terms and conditions.

 

I'm so happy! I have cash rewards cards, but no travel specific cards. I don't go out of state (FL) very often, but I do go within state several times a year and could use the rewards towards hotels and such. I feel like this has rounded out my wallet, without apping for anything new. This card is important to me, as it's the oldest card in my wallet, not counting a backdated Amex, so I want to keep it. But it's been a bit of an ouch hanging onto a card with an AF and no rewards. Finally, my plain vanilla Cap1 Visa card has grown up and become a more useful card! So happy!!! Smiley Very Happy


Smiley Surprised I wonder if I can do that to my now cap1 bbrzmc.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Established Contributor
Posts: 757
Registered: ‎03-16-2012
0

Re: Cap1 - upgraded to Venture!!!

Congrats!!!! Smiley Very Happy


Starting Score: TU: 481 12/30/2015 EQ:561 12/30/2015 EX:532 12/30/2015 (MYFICOS) BK FILED: 09/2015 DISCHARGED 12/2015 -- 02/28/2016 TU:551 EQ: 599 EX: 561
Super Contributor
Posts: 7,318
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: Cap1 - upgraded to Venture!!!

That is exactly how it happened for me but i opted for cash rewards.

Congrats tinu!!
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 4,875
Registered: ‎11-02-2010
0

Re: Cap1 - upgraded to Venture!!!

Thanks, everyone. According to the chat transcript (which I saved), I should start earning rewards is 5-7 business days, and the new card should arrive in 7-10 business days. I can hardly wait to get the new card in my hand! I feel like a kid waiting for Santa, LOL!!!


Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,193
Registered: ‎05-17-2010
0

Re: Cap1 - upgraded to Venture!!!


tinuviel wrote:

Thanks, everyone. According to the chat transcript (which I saved), I should start earning rewards is 5-7 business days, and the new card should arrive in 7-10 business days. I can hardly wait to get the new card in my hand! I feel like a kid waiting for Santa, LOL!!!


Congrats...Great work!  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 4,875
Registered: ‎11-02-2010
0

Re: Cap1 - upgraded to Venture!!!


jsucool76 wrote:
That is exactly how it happened for me but i opted for cash rewards.

Congrats tinu!!

 

Congratulations to you, as well. I'm still catching up on threads after coming back from vacation, so I'm sorry that I didn't acknowledge your success earlier. Feels great, doesn't it?

 

I thought long and hard about the Venture vs. the Cash Back card. As stated above, I decided on the Venture to round out my wallet with a travel rewards card. My other signature card -- a BoA 1-2-3 Visa -- has a cash rewards structure, as does my Discover. Another cash rewards card would have felt redundant. Everyone needs to figure out what is the best option for them, and I'm happy with my choice. I hope you enjoy your new card, as well. Smiley Happy


Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Super Contributor
Posts: 7,318
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: Cap1 - upgraded to Venture!!!

That is quite alright tinu. My success was 5.5 months ago, 2 weeks after i opened my account. I think you had a presence in that thread. Haha.
Super Contributor
Posts: 7,318
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: Cap1 - upgraded to Venture!!!

Ah, also i cant edit (on my phone) so sorry for the double posr, but when they did mine they also told me 5-7 days. The name of my account stayed "platinum mastercard" and the next day a little rewards thing appeared underneath my account. All of my transactions that were pending at the time immediately accrued into my rewards even though i made the purchases prior to the upgrade. The 5-7 days thing is probably just for their safety, but it should be much quicker than that.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.