Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 uses TU and EQ

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Cap1 uses TU and EQ

i noticed the monthly credit score that Cap1 provides is a TU score but when I apply for a CLI they look at my EQ 04 score. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 uses TU and EQ

Its a CK score, not a TU score.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

+1. Amazing how many people are misled by these companies providing FAKOs.  I know in their fine print that they explain it but it should read "THIS IS NOT A REAL SCORE SO IGNORE IT!!!"

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Happy

Its really a guideline more than anything. Such as if you were to see a 100pt drop, You would be prompted to investigate.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Smiley Happy

Its really a guideline more than anything. Such as if you were to see a 100pt drop, You would be prompted to investigate.

True.  I just get a kick out of them.  My CK score is 86 points lower than MYFico TU score and it keeps dropping when in fact my score is going up

Message 5 of 12
nkrishdtt
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Smiley Happy

True.  I just get a kick out of them.  My CK score is 86 points lower than MYFico TU score and it keeps dropping when in fact my score is going up

Same here for me....the most funny part of it is for the last 3 months, everytime my FICO goes up by 5-10 points, the CK dives by an equal amount. Last month i left a 10 dollar balance on the Cap1 card to report and then PIF and noticed by CK went up by 12 points....wonder if the score has something to do with using Cap1 Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 12
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I should have said a score based on TU scores (CK) Smiley Happy 

I'm surprised they don't use something based off of EQ scores. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1. Amazing how many people are misled by these companies providing FAKOs.  I know in their fine print that they explain it but it should read "THIS IS NOT A REAL SCORE SO IGNORE IT!!!"

I think he was just making the point that they provide a score (wether fako or FICO is irrelevant) based on info by one agency but base cli decisions by info provided by a different agency. 

Message 8 of 12
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

i noticed the monthly credit score that Cap1 provides is a TU score but when I apply for a CLI they look at my EQ 04 score. 

Yup.  The score they offer is not the score they use in decision making.

@Anonymous wrote:

CK just switched to Vantage 3.0 but their prior score that you're referring to is a TU scoring model -- the TransUnion New Account model.

https://beta.creditkarma.com/article/guide-to-credit-karma-credit-scores

This score, which ranges from 300-850, is calculated from TransUnion's proprietary scoring algorithm.

http://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/benefits/credit-tracker

Where does this score come from?
Your Credit Tracker score is calculated based on the TransUnion New Account Model. The model utilizes information in your TransUnion credit report, which may include your bill pay history, amount of available credit, number and age of open accounts, recent credit activity, etc. Credit Tracker provides an educational score courtesy of TransUnion, one of three nationwide credit bureaus, and uses only credit report information from the TransUnion database.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

Yup.  The score they offer is not the score they use in decision making.

CK just switched to Vantage 3.0 but their prior score that you're referring to is a TU scoring model -- the TransUnion New Account model.

https://beta.creditkarma.com/article/guide-to-credit-karma-credit-scores

This score, which ranges from 300-850, is calculated from TransUnion's proprietary scoring algorithm.

http://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/benefits/credit-tracker

Where does this score come from?
Your Credit Tracker score is calculated based on the TransUnion New Account Model. The model utilizes information in your TransUnion credit report, which may include your bill pay history, amount of available credit, number and age of open accounts, recent credit activity, etc. Credit Tracker provides an educational score courtesy of TransUnion, one of three nationwide credit bureaus, and uses only credit report information from the TransUnion database.

Doesn't Lending Tree agree also use Vantage 3.0?  I ask because my scores on CK and LT. are completely different

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.