Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 uses TU and EQ

tag
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap1 uses TU and EQ

The way I see it---even real Fico scores are not true scores. What do I mean? A "true" Discover EQ will differ from a true EQ given by another company because each as their own internal modeling system. There is no standard score that represents all bureaus, so each score given, will at best---- only tell you where you stand with that particular company, but not another with that same bureau... which brings me back to not putting as much stock in the actual number given and just using ALL scores, be they fakos or FICOs, as a gauge.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 uses TU and EQ

@JSS3 wrote:

The way I see it---even real Fico scores are not true scores. What do I mean? A "true" Discover EQ will differ from a true EQ given by another company because each as their own internal modeling system. There is no standard score that represents all bureaus, so each score given, will at best---- only tell you where you stand with that particular company, but not another with that same bureau... which brings me back to not putting as much stock in the actual number given and just using ALL scores, be they fakos or FICOs, as a gauge.

The value in FICO is a semblance of consistency.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.