Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 zero percent bt offers or RJ?

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

Cap1 zero percent bt offers or RJ?

just noticed another zero percent offer available online.  recent posts/ info. indicate a large scale rate change underfoot, so i'll use this bt offer to get the zero rate, a last hurrah?  haven't received rate change notice yet.

anyone else still receiving 0% cap1 offers during this time when they seem to be increasing rates across the board?  if RJ did you find out by snail mail, online statement, email-

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Locksley123
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap1 zero percent bt offers or RJ?

I have had BT offer at current purchasing rate, put no fees.
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received the 6 month % APR offer for one of my Cap One accounts just a couple of days before I received the rate change for the other cards. All received via snail mail.

One of my accounts says the change in rates will not take affect until Jan. or Feb. 2010.

Message 3 of 14
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

I've been getting the bt offer consistantly since nov. via snail and email. No rj though
Message 4 of 14
score_building
Senior Contributor

aha! received my latest "important notice of change of terms" from cap1 via postal mail today:

"what's changing:  default rate.  the new rate will be determined by adding 26.15 to the Prime rate."

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Then no real rate-jack for you...congratulations!

I have three ( yes3) Cap One cards...used them to help rebuild credit after BK 8 years ago.  One was RJ'd to 17.9, one says RJ to 17.9 in 2010, one only an increase in default rate like yours.

Message 6 of 14
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Then no real rate-jack for you...congratulations!

I have three ( yes3) Cap One cards...used them to help rebuild credit after BK 8 years ago.  One was RJ'd to 17.9, one says RJ to 17.9 in 2010, one only an increase in default rate like yours.

Thanks VEEnVEGAS!   this time around it looks like i dodged a bullet,  i wish we could find out if it's because i am doing something right or just dumb luck, lol 
Message 7 of 14
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

I've had up to 4 diff BT offers online, now I have two.  Zero for 6 months w/ BT fee, or fee-free at purchase rate.  My current rate is 10.40 (or 10.14). 

OOh la la.

I have a BT on this card at the moment whose zero rate expires pretty soon.  I can deal w/ paying roughly 10%, so that I can still work on paying down that Target Visa with its criminal rate.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

score_building wrote

Thanks VEEnVEGAS!   this time around it looks like i dodged a bullet,  i wish we could find out if it's because i am doing something right or just dumb luck, lol 

Not sure, but of my three cards the only immediate rate increase is on the one card without a balance. The card with increased APR beginning in 1 yr. has carried a small balance for a few months, and the one with no ncrease at all (except default rate) has carried a 3.9% for life  BT on it for a while now.

I'm really not mad at them at all...they were there when I needed them and have generally treated me well...other than the fact that I've ended up with 3 of their cards in order to have any kind of credit limit. The limits on the first 2 will never be higher than $500...pretty sure the third will never go over the $5000 limit I have now.

I read here of credit card companies doing MUCH worse to their customers! 

Message 9 of 14
score_building
Senior Contributor

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

I've had up to 4 diff BT offers online, now I have two.  Zero for 6 months w/ BT fee, or fee-free at purchase rate.  My current rate is 10.40 (or 10.14). 

OOh la la.

I have a BT on this card at the moment whose zero rate expires pretty soon.  I can deal w/ paying roughly 10%, so that I can still work on paying down that Target Visa with its criminal rate.

wow 4, cap1 is lovin' them some WhirledPeas, they're trying to get at your business any which way it seems... i've got the same two bt offers you do right now. 

hope you're going to transfer some of the balance off that Target Visa apr fiend...  my highest regular APR ever was Dell (at 29.99% and now still not a bargain at 17.99% lol)

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.