Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne 6-month CLI Rule with 2 cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CapOne 6-month CLI Rule with 2 cards

Hello.  

I have two cards from CapOne.  A QS and a Spark Business (Visa).  I am looking to get a CLI on each of them.  

Does anyone know if CapOne's 6-month policy is per card or per account holder (SSN)?  Meaning, if I get a CLI for the QS, will I be ineligible for a CLI on the Spark for 6 months from then? Or, are they treated seperately, and it's possible to get a CLI for the QS today and CLI for the Spark tomorrow (obviously, provided that neither has gotten a CLI in the last 6mos.)?  

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
collics1
Established Member

Re: CapOne 6-month CLI Rule with 2 cards

I opened 2 Cap One cards within 2 weeks of each other.

They each got a cli at their own 6th stmt mark.

$300> $500

$500> $1500

hth

Discharged 5/6/14
Current EQ FICO Score:620 (Nov '14)
Approvals: As of May
Cap1- $300, Cap1- $500, AutoLoan
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response. 

Were the CLI's automatic?  or consumer requested?  

Message 3 of 8
collics1
Established Member

It was the automatic increase through their credit steps program.

I have Cap one Platinum MasterCard and the quicksilver MasterCard.
Discharged 5/6/14
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for taking the time to respond, but I'm asking specifically about their 6 month rule (waiting period) that applies to a consumer initiated CLI.

Message 5 of 8
collics1
Established Member

Gotcha.

I wouldn't see why each card wouldn't have its own waiting period.

They're separate in every other way.
Discharged 5/6/14
Message 6 of 8
taxi818
Super Contributor

It is per card. im baseing this on my own experience. i have a platinum and a Quicksilver. i got cli on the plat in july. and on the quicksilver in october. so i did not have to wait 6 months. so i will say your are ok. really for sure. one is business the other is personal. even though they both show on your credit report.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Taxi,

Thanks for your post.  Just to confirm:  They were consumer initiated CLIs, correct?

I hear what you guys are saying about 'two seperate cards'.  Nonetheless, I still had concern that the '6 months' may be per account and not per card,  because from an underwriting perspective, it doesn't seem to have any bearing whether it's one card or two - they want to ensure sound lending (or really sound borrowing), and one of the measures to acheive that, is to limit CLIs to once per 6 months.  This is also illustrated by the fact that in my CapOne account, the Total Available Credit is aggregated between the two cards (and even though one is Business and one is Personal, Mr. TaxiSmiley Wink).

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.