Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne APRs

tag
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

CapOne APRs

I was wondering what people's CapOne APRs were. It's something I haven't really paid much attention to and I am not sure I am even calculating this right. If I look at my statement (Platinum Visa), it says "14.80% P." On one of the back pages it says that stands for Prime Rate + Margin ("previously disclosed to you"). By previously disclosed margin, do they mean the 14.80% on the front or are they referring to some other figure that they disclosed when they issued the card years ago?

I could have sworn my APR was around 25% but I haven't checked it in a long, long while. The way I understand it, this means 14.8 + 3.25 = 18.05%? If I look at the generic Platinum product page, it says 24.9%

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: CapOne APRs

13.9% on my Venture Siggy Visa.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 2 of 21
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I've got 0% till 03/2013 and then 18.9% after that on my platinum 

Message 3 of 21
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

13.9% on my Venture Siggy Visa.

Okay, so that's like the 13.99% on my Discover after promo rate is over. I think them to PC me to Venture Smiley Happy

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 4 of 21
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

Is that total or do you have to add the prime rate to that?

Message 5 of 21
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

I called for a CLI increase the other day and they offered me a  six month APR reduction. I have an 11% APR after which it goes back up to about 16%. I thought it was probably a good idea to accept the goodwill gesture of Capital One since they are so rare. However, I've had my card for over 4 years and haven't paid a dime in interest.

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 6 of 21
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Mailak wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Is that total or do you have to add the prime rate to that?

Says...

"0% Intro APR through your 03/2013 billing period

After that, your APR will be 18.9%

This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate" 

Hope that answers your question Smiley Tongue 

Message 7 of 21
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

@aussiesareforever wrote:

I called for a CLI increase the other day and they offered me a  six month APR reduction. I have an 11% APR after which it goes back up to about 16%. I thought it was probably a good idea to accept the goodwill gesture of Capital One since they are so rare. However, I've had my card for over 4 years and haven't paid a dime in interest.

Did they soft/hard you for that reqeusted CLI? I read this story where somebody's checking a prequalification page set off an HP. Smiley Surprised

I need to call them at some point to see if they will do anything for me. Waiting for my Discover to hit to see if they can see it makes little sense for me to keep my CapOne as is especially with the outrageous AF.

Message 8 of 21
cmthomas06
Regular Contributor

My platinum had a 24.9% APR until I called and asked for a lower rate. They came back with 17.99% and upgraded my card to the Cash Reward card. The APR isnt great, but Ill take it! 

Ex 752 (Amex) Tu 758 (Walmart) Eq 703
Goal: 750+ on all
Current Cards: Cap1 Cash Back; Chase Freedom; Chase Amazon; Citi Thank You; Citi Forward; Discover iT; Amex Zync; GE WalMart; BoA 3-2-1
Message 9 of 21
CS800
Super Contributor

I have a regular platinum with no rewards with a $39 AF and my APR is 10.9%

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.