cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne Account Combo: How long after Steps?

tag
gibeon
Established Contributor

CapOne Account Combo: How long after Steps?

I'm hoping someone will have been in a simiar situation. I have two QS1 cards. One completed Steps on September 10, the other on October 10. 

I've been trying to combine the two accounts, but I keep getting the no-cards eligible message, even though they BOTH meet all the requirements:

Both are: In good standing, 6 months old, $0 balance, no pending charges, etc.

I'm wondering if anyone else had had a similar issue, and if they were eventually able to combine after a couple weeks, or the next statement, etc.

Chat CSR was absolutely no help, and it isn't urgent enough for me to write to the EO.

Thanks,

Gib

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CapOne Account Combo: How long after Steps?

Same situation as mine. Had the cards since 2013 but still not eligible to combine after many attempts. Called cs but no help. They told me to just keep on trying online. One of my card was HSBC before until Cap bought them. They told me it might be the issue and they're working on the system to recognize my other previous HSBC card Smiley Sad. I guess I'll just have to try it again and again Smiley Sad.

Message 2 of 3
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: CapOne Account Combo: How long after Steps?

Some have said that if the names on the cards are even slightly different (i.e. one has a middle initial and the other doesn't), that it won't work. In order to find that out though you have to dig deep and get a website tech support CSR and have them take a look.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.