cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne Account combo, not working for anyone else?

tag
gibeon
Established Contributor

CapOne Account combo, not working for anyone else?

It has been over a month since my second QS1 graduated credit steps, and I've been tyring every day to combine them, and still no joy.

I emailed the EO just now to see what the hold-up is (I said it nicer than that) as I meet all requirements. Accounts in good standing, no pending charges, 0 balance, etc.

The regular phone reps just repeat the requirements and when I tell them I meet them all, they just verbally shrug.

I will update when I hear from the EO, but I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

Thanks,
Gib

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CapOne Account combo, not working for anyone else?

I've been having the same issue - zero balance on my newest card, trying to combine it into the older one.  Been about three weeks and still nothing. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

YMMV. I just combined yesterday after trying to get it to work for the last few months. I finally got the cards to appear by allowing my "0" balance card to report a statement balance of $0.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
YMMV. I just combined yesterday after trying to get it to work for the last few months. I finally got the cards to appear by allowing my "0" balance card to report a statement balance of $0.
This is what I am waiting for to see if mine will work. Right now my cards meet the requirements, but still don't show up. Im guessing its because last mouth my statement reported a balance.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck! That is what it took to finally show up for me.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to combine two legacy rebuilder cards to my Cap One Journey, then PC to a QS Visa Signature, which now has an $11k CL. My wife, on the other hand, has similar credit to mine, including Venture, Venture One and QS Visa siggy. She is not given to option to combine her old legacy rebuilder cards, even though they have had a zero balance for a long time. I think the fact that she has not used those cards for about 2 years might have something to do with it. I'm gonna have her put a couple small charges on them, PIF, then see if it helps. She called and was told not all accounts are eligible for this feature, but the rep couldn't give any more infomation, other than to keep checking.

Message 6 of 8
bobbay
Established Contributor

I just paid my bill on my newer QS today and tonight ( 5 minutes ago) logged in and combined the limit with my old QS account.  Yes, Worked pretty slick.  I'm impressed.  Since they dont seem to want to give me any cli's I'm slimming down.  Smiley Happy

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 7 of 8
gibeon
Established Contributor

I just heard back from the EO! (That was fast!)

Apparently, there is a terribly long list of reasons they might deny your account combination request. The EO says they can't see them, nor can they manually combine accounts (override the system).

While I had her on the phone, I went ahead and asked for soft pull CLI's as a consolation prize for my trouble, as I'm 4 - 5 months out from automatic approval.

Cheers,

Gib

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.