Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne CLI Strategy

tag
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

CapOne CLI Strategy

CapOne is currently my oldest card (18 months). They started me off at $500 and then raised me to $1,500 after 6 months. However, no additional love after another year now. I push my $1,500 limit just about every month, but also either pay it off in full, or at the very least down to less than 9% each month. I have no lates or negative reporting on my file the past 5 years. The only issue is I cut my car loan interest rate in half by refinancing my car 2-3 months ago. Kept my payments the same, but cut a 60 mo. term loan down to 36 mo's. As a result, unfortunately, my TU score dropped from 702 to 690. Go figure! Smiley Mad

Would like to get a CapOne CLI to $2,000 or even $2,500 if possible. I have good income. Any ideas? Should I call or try the love button? And, would they run a HP or SP?

THANK AGHEAD OF TIME!

Current Score: EX: 718, EQ: 715, TU: 720
Goal Score: EX: 750, EQ: 750, TU: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: CapOne CLI Strategy

@BackInTheSaddleAgain wrote:

CapOne is currently my oldest card (18 months). They started me off at $500 and then raised me to $1,500 after 6 months. However, no additional love after another year now. I push my $1,500 limit just about every month, but also either pay it off in full, or at the very least down to less than 9% each month. I have no lates or negative reporting on my file the past 5 years. The only issue is I cut my car loan interest rate in half by refinancing my car 2-3 months ago. Kept my payments the same, but cut a 60 mo. term loan down to 36 mo's. As a result, unfortunately, my TU score dropped from 702 to 690. Go figure! Smiley Mad

Would like to get a CapOne CLI to $2,000 or even $2,500 if possible. I have good income. Any ideas? Should I call or try the love button? And, would they run a HP or SP?

THANK AGHEAD OF TIME!

E-mail Executive Office and ask for upgrade to QuickSilver, Remove AF, and CLI to $5k... they will call you and then get back to you with results and they will counter if they can't do full $5k

Message 2 of 22
cjc343
Valued Member

The online CLI request uses their last SP. See Question #3: http://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/credit-line-increase/

It doesn't hurt to try it before going the EO route.

Message 3 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I don't think that button has really been giving out more than $500 cli... Id do the email route especially if you have no rewards and have an af on your current account because then you can take care of all 3 issues all at once.

short and sweet is all you need for the email... they have to call you to go over what you want anyway... they are pretty much only dealing with these issues so they don't need a story anymore.

Message 4 of 22
red259
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I don't think that button has really been giving out more than $500 cli... Id do the email route especially if you have no rewards and have an af on your current account because then you can take care of all 3 issues all at once.

short and sweet is all you need for the email... they have to call you to go over what you want anyway... they are pretty much only dealing with these issues so they don't need a story anymore.

I'm pretty sure I have seen postings indicating the button has given out more than $500 increase. Cap 1 isn't known for their large CLIs though, so $500 tends to be the average. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 5 of 22
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone. Just an FYI, I have the CapOne Platinum Mastercard with NO AF. If the CLI button only pulls a SP, then I'll probably try that first.

Also, as I mentioned in my original post, I pretty much use most of my CL each month and then PIF prior to statement posting. Usually I make a couple of payments during the month. Should I ask for the CLI now with a $1,350 balance, or wait a week when I make my next payment and the account only reflects a $100 balance? In other words is CapOne more likely to give me a CLI WITH OR WITHOUT a high balance?

Current Score: EX: 718, EQ: 715, TU: 720
Goal Score: EX: 750, EQ: 750, TU: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

exec office is sp also

id do the request online now with any balance if you wish... then just email exec... but the only issue some have run into is they get the low $500 CLI online and then exec office says they can't process another cli within 6 months or something vs. people going through exec office from beginning getting 3-10x current cl CLI. depends on your credit profile and what you are expecting them to go up to.

if you have $300 and other cards with $5k now... then I would say the button is a waste!

if you have $300 now and other cards are just $1k, then getting $500 from the button would put you in line with rest.

Message 7 of 22
audia4
Established Contributor

They started me out over a year ago with only $300. I tried the luv button and it denied me. I got the letter in the mail with no explanation.

You can see my scores in my signature line....HA! Really? They want to keep me at $300?? I'm hating this company!

TU: 819 EQ: 821 EX 811

**$7500****$30,000*****$13500****$42,200****$10,000***$10,700*****$6000****$11,000*****OPEN****OPEN******$27,000*****11,000

Message 8 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

So did you contact Exec office Audi?
The company at csr level is still bad but I think they are working on it... For now the exec email works great.
Message 9 of 22
bobbay
Established Contributor

@Backinthesaddle

As mentioned above  EO

You need to dream a little bigger, darling

http://youtu.be/3A_xzurN-Lc

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.