Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne CLI & PC Questions - Update! Successful PC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CapOne CLI & PC Questions - Update! Successful PC

Hi everyone!

I'm looking to get some input on a couple of things regarding Capital One. I got my Journey card with them last August, started at a $300 limit, which graduated to $3300 after Credit Steps ended. Since then I've requested CLIs a couple of times, which have been denied due to the line having recently been increased.

So, question is, how long do you generally have to wait to request a CLI? I figure I'll just keep trying once a month or whatever since it's a SP, but I'm curious if anyone knows what to expect.

Next questions is regarding Product Changes. Now that I have a stronger profile I'd really like to get the Quicksilver card, but I'd rather not apply for it as I want to keep my card's history. While chatting with CSR to ask for a status update on my most recent CLI request I also asked about PCing, and he told me I would need to wait for them to mail me an offer, is that true? I've heard the chat reps are fairly useless so I'm hoping that's not actually the case.

Also, assuming that there is a way to PC with them (guessing contact EO?), should I go ahead and try for that now? Or would it be better to wait until I have a higher limit?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CapOne CLI & PC Questions

With CAP 1, you can request a CLI every 6 months although on the Venture people have gotten it sooner like in 2 months.  Also to PC, the limit you have is enough and I wouldn't wait for a higher limit before pc'ing....  You have nothing to lose so reach out to their EO and see what they say.

And why you are at it - putting in the request for a product change, you may as well throw in there a request for a CLI so that they can review both.  In the end, you may win completely - PC product and an increase.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

With CAP 1, you can request a CLI every 6 months although on the Venture people have gotten it sooner like in 2 months.  Also to PC, the limit you have is enough and I wouldn't wait for a higher limit before pc'ing....  You have nothing to lose so reach out to their EO and see what they say.

And why you are at it - putting in the request for a product change, you may as well throw in there a request for a CLI so that they can review both.  In the end, you may win completely - PC product and an increase.

Thank you! I'll give it a try. How should I contact the EO in Capital One's case? I've seen people talk about emailing them, but I'm not sure of the address.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you! I'll give it a try. How should I contact the EO in Capital One's case? I've seen people talk about emailing them, but I'm not sure of the address.

I sent it to you.. Check the little envelope on top of your page.Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very very much! I'm thinking I should probably wait a bit for my balances to update (one of my fico scores just updated today to relfect a balnce I paid nearly two months ago...). So to have the best chance at a CLI I think I'll give it until my statement cuts and is paid next month.

Thanks again!!

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CapOne CLI & PC Questions - Update! Successful PC

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I thought it might be worth an update.

As per @I was going to email the EO and request a both the PC and CLI. I decided to wait for my statement to cut prior to emailing though, as my newly increased limits and lower balances would be reporting, hopefully increasing the chances of a CLI.

I was on Capital One's website today though and decided to check if I had any offers, which I didn't, and then I thought I may as well try the online chat and see what happens. Surprisingly, they were able to upgrade me to the Quicksilver!! I'm quite amazed it was that easy! I should get it in 7 to 10 days. Smiley Very Happy

I would still like to have the limit increased, especially since I will likely be using this card a lot more now for all my non-category spending, so I may email the EO next month if the online form doesn't grant an increase.

The only thing about the PC is that I'm getting the Visa Platinum version, as opposed to the Signature version shown on the site. I assume this is because my credit limit is too low? Has anyone ever been graduated to a Signature on this card?

Also, thank you very much to Yes-Its-Me for the input on this, and everyone else on these forums! I'd never even have known that product changes or executive offices were even a thing if I hadn't joined up here. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are welcome!!  Congrats and good job!!  What is the limit on the card?

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! The limit is at $3300 right now, hasn't been changed since I completed CreditSteps with the Journey earlier this year (February I think). I'd really like it to be around 5k if possible, not that I really need it but I plan to use the card more and would like it to match my other higher use cards (currently my Amex is 7k and Discover is 5k).

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! The limit is at $3300 right now, hasn't been changed since I completed CreditSteps with the Journey earlier this year (February I think). I'd really like it to be around 5k if possible, not that I really need it but I plan to use the card more and would like it to match my other higher use cards (currently my Amex is 7k and Discover is 5k).

@Anonymous,

If it is a 5k line you are seeking with CAP 1, you should apply for the Venture card if those are your current scores in your siggy.  Your current card is a platinum because of the limit on it-

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous,

If it is a 5k line you are seeking with CAP 1, you should apply for the Venture card if those are your current scores in your siggy.  Your current card is a platinum because of the limit on it-

I've been quite tempted too, and the scores in siggy are accurate, however I've been avoiding annual fees and point/mile based rewards for the time being. I may get it in the future, but for now I think I'll stick with the Quicksilver for simpler rewards and no fee (even if it means a lower limit).

Also I really want to stick to my gardening goal of a year. My scores are decent but my profile is somewhat weak due to new accounts. 10 of my 12 reporting lines are under a year old, so waiting a year before getting more will make a significant difference I think.

Regarding the platinum/signature, do you have an idea what limit would be needed to be eligible for an upgrade to signature? I've read 5k but I'm not sure if every bank is different.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.