CapOne CLI & PC Questions - Update! Successful PC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CapOne CLI & PC Questions - Update! Successful PC

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! The limit is at $3300 right now, hasn't been changed since I completed CreditSteps with the Journey earlier this year (February I think). I'd really like it to be around 5k if possible, not that I really need it but I plan to use the card more and would like it to match my other higher use cards (currently my Amex is 7k and Discover is 5k).

@Anonymous,

If it is a 5k line you are seeking with CAP 1, you should apply for the Venture card if those are your current scores in your siggy.  Your current card is a platinum because of the limit on it-

I've been quite tempted too, and the scores in siggy are accurate, however I've been avoiding annual fees and point/mile based rewards for the time being. I may get it in the future, but for now I think I'll stick with the Quicksilver for simpler rewards and no fee (even if it means a lower limit).

Also I really want to stick to my gardening goal of a year. My scores are decent but my profile is somewhat weak due to new accounts. 10 of my 12 reporting lines are under a year old, so waiting a year before getting more will make a significant difference I think.

Regarding the platinum/signature, do you have an idea what limit would be needed to be eligible for an upgrade to signature? I've read 5k but I'm not sure if every bank is different.

No problem.. Stick to your plan of gardening a year.  The patience will pay off.  With CAP 1, it has to be 5k.  But since you are going to use the quicksilver extensively, you should be able to get it raised in 4-5 months via CLI.

Remember, CAP 1 CLIs are softpulls so keep clicking every month or 2 after statement cuts soo see if they show you some luv.  All in all, good job!!

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CapOne CLI & PC Questions - Update! Successful PC

Thanks again! Looking forward to having 5k, it will likely be my first Visa Signature in that case. Smiley Happy

One last question, do you think I should still try emailing the EO or just stick with the luv button? I was going to explain that now that it's a Quicksilver I plan to make it my general use card and would like it to be more in line with some of my other limits. If the chances of success don't seem very good though then I won't bother, 3k is okay for the time being and I'm happy they PCed it so easily.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.