Did you mean: 

CapOne Credit Steps Question

tag
bk510
Valued Contributor

Re: CapOne Credit Steps Question

@growing123 wrote:

@godscountry wrote:

CapOne is no help in answering my questions...but anyway.  I have a QSOne that will be coming up on 6 mo soon.  It was $500 limit through Credit Steps.  My credit has changed dramatically in the past 6 months as I have had all baddies to drop off.  CapOne wouldnt answer my question when I asked if I am limited to $250 increase through credit steps.  Honestly, that wont do me a bit of good as I will be going on app spree soon and will get better limits...also, I have followed the credit steps and used card heavily in addition to PIF.  They say once you get your CLI you arent eligible for another for 6 months.  Who here has had success getting a higher CLI than the pre-qual through the credit steps?

I started with a cap1 platinum credit steps in Oct 2013 with $300.  Six months later in Apr 2014, I log on to find my limit was $4300!!  Just about fell out of my chair! lol It was only supposed to increase to $750, so that shows it's possible.  The next day I asked to PC to the QS and they did. 

I can see them doing something more for you than the $750 since you said your CR has improved so much.  Good luck!

You got slipped through the crack......it is a computer we are dealing with after all, wouldnt u agree?

Congrats btw.

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 21 of 26
godscountry
Regular Contributor

Update:

I am in the credit steps...but my account is actually not 6 months old yet.  I opened it on Jan 2nd....but here is what I did.  About a month ago or before the last statement I changed my due date from the 12th to the 16th.   So the rep told me I wasnt going to receive my 7th statement til July 15th (my original statement date).  I was going to request a CLI then (if I didnt request one on July 2nd...the 6th month anniversary)

This is still my 6th statement but I guess somehow by changing it....it affected my account.  Anyway.....

I logged in to my account today and limit on my QS1 was upped by $1000 for a total of $1500!!!

Still going to request another CLI on July 19th being that this was an auto-CLI and it was before my 6 mo anniversary!

Current Scores: EX 652 I EQ 688 I TU 696
Cards appear in order of approval
Message 22 of 26
aquastell
New Contributor

Thank you for this thread.  Very helpful.

I just inquired about credit steps, because I wanted to know if I was even eligible for it and I was advised that it is by invitation only.  

None the less, I was also advised that my account information would be reviewed at 6 months and that if I continue to use the card as I have been, I should be eligible for a $100 to $300 increase (without asking for it) somewhere between my 7th and 9th statement.  

Bearing in mind this IS the secured 49/200 card and I have increased the balance a little bit with additional deposits.  I started very small because I am terrified of burning HPs.  I suppose that makes me an underachiever, but at one point a couple of years ago my own bank refused to give me a secured card, so I am a little snakebit about apps in the first place.  It took me 2 years after that to get up the nerve to apply for the CAP ONE secured card.  

If CAP ONE gives me an unrequested CLI that will go a long ways toward building my confidence in this rebuilding process.  

Starting Score myFICO 6/20/14: 629 EX 644 EQ 642 TU 1/15/15 Score: 674 EX 674 EQ 671TU Goal Score: 700
1/16/15 TU Lender Pull 683! 2/7/15 BIG FAT ZEROES 4/5/15 680
7/16/15 EX 660 EQ 648 TU 681
Ch 13 BK 12/2009 discharged 1/13/15. No collections. No lates. 1/2014 CAP ONE 49/200/CLI to 550
2/2015: FINGERHUT ADVANTAGE $700, CAP ONE QUICKSILVER ONE $4000, BARCLAY REWARDS $1400 WALMART $800 DELL $2000 AMAZON $1100, EXXON $800, LOWE'S $900 EFCU $2000 ASHLEY $2000
Message 23 of 26
aquastell
New Contributor

So, godscountry, do you think there is something about changing the due date that affected the CLI?  I have my 5th statement now, dated 6/20.  Do you think I should change the due date?

godscountry wrote:

Update:

I am in the credit steps...but my account is actually not 6 months old yet.  I opened it on Jan 2nd....but here is what I did.  About a month ago or before the last statement I changed my due date from the 12th to the 16th.   So the rep told me I wasnt going to receive my 7th statement til July 15th (my original statement date).  I was going to request a CLI then (if I didnt request one on July 2nd...the 6th month anniversary)

This is still my 6th statement but I guess somehow by changing it....it affected my account.  Anyway.....

I logged in to my account today and limit on my QS1 was upped by $1000 for a total of $1500!!!

Still going to request another CLI on July 19th being that this was an auto-CLI and it was before my 6 mo anniversary!

Starting Score myFICO 6/20/14: 629 EX 644 EQ 642 TU 1/15/15 Score: 674 EX 674 EQ 671TU Goal Score: 700
1/16/15 TU Lender Pull 683! 2/7/15 BIG FAT ZEROES 4/5/15 680
7/16/15 EX 660 EQ 648 TU 681
Ch 13 BK 12/2009 discharged 1/13/15. No collections. No lates. 1/2014 CAP ONE 49/200/CLI to 550
2/2015: FINGERHUT ADVANTAGE $700, CAP ONE QUICKSILVER ONE $4000, BARCLAY REWARDS $1400 WALMART $800 DELL $2000 AMAZON $1100, EXXON $800, LOWE'S $900 EFCU $2000 ASHLEY $2000
Message 24 of 26
godscountry
Regular Contributor

@aquastell wrote:

So, godscountry, do you think there is something about changing the due date that affected the CLI?  I have my 5th statement now, dated 6/20.  Do you think I should change the due date?

@godscountry wrote:

Update:

well, when I asked for a CLI 3 times and each time they sent me a letter saying the account was not 6 months old.  then rep told me my auto CLI wouldnt be until my Aug statement.  I  think changing the due date did affect it honestly.  If you change your due date it may happen for you.  They say it takes the new due date 2 cycles.  Really, I only had one statement then I was waiting for my 2nd statement to generate on the 11th and it didnt.  When it did on the 16th...I got the increase so I would say try it!

Current Scores: EX 652 I EQ 688 I TU 696
Cards appear in order of approval
Message 25 of 26
tiffjtiffj
Contributor

I sure hope these patterns continue ! I PIF my $300 two/almost three times a cycle, every cycle sice I had it. I'd be estatic for $1000 or something where I could take full advantage of my cash back.

Current EQ 634 TU08 670 EX 627
Garden: Take #25 (2017 - ouch)
2017 Goals: Citi Premier
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.