Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne Credit Steps Question

tag
charmcity
New Contributor

CapOne Credit Steps Question

I am sure this topic has been beaten to death but I was approved for a QS1 for $500 back in March. After the third statement I requested a CLI and was granted an additional $100. After 4 statements I've put about $1500 through the card and paid in full. My credit steps email indicated I would receive an increase to $750. If I continue to use the card and pay in full would you expect me to only get the $150 or is it possible for my limit to be higher? My FICO scores should all be around 650 by the time the credit steps is completed after the next statement.

I did read after the fact that requesting the CLI before the credit steps was complete may hurt my chances of a higher CL.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: CapOne Credit Steps Question

My QS1, I opened back in Jan witha 500 sl.  I hit the luv button after I believe my 3rd statement cut.  I was given an additional 1k.  Then just a couple days ago ended my credit steps and I was given another 500 cl.  My QS1 sits at 2k in 6 months.  

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opened platinum in May 2014 300 in nov auto luv to 500 in April auto luv 2000.

Opened qs1 November 2014 500 in April i hit the luv button cli 1000 in May auto cli 500

My scores are tu 715 ex 708 eq 693
Have tried daily cli button, and nothing!! I think I hit a wall for their subprime increases. They told me last month that the reasons for such high increases was because of my early payments every month.

Now I'm pre qualified for venture venture 1 and qs.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They offer CLI every six months.  But you should still get your credit steps increase and I guess that would be sometime August or Sept for you.  It will vary, but since they are very generous you may get higher than $150. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My QS visa went from 750 to 6750 in 2 bumps of 3k each in about a year. Put around 11k spend. An earlier QS1 went from 300 to 1800 & now sits at 3800. I don't know what their policy is but the CSR says I need to wait 6 months between CLI requests
Message 5 of 6
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Smiley Happy I'm 99.9999% sure you will get the full credit step increase. The $100 will not be figured into it. I wouldn't be surprised if you got a CLI more than they promised. Good Luck! 

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.