Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne EO Advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CapOne EO Advice

So I got sick of getting denied a CLI on my QS card-it is my lowest limit and I have scores in the 775 range on all. I have been a customer for 3 years I believe and always perfect. So, I emailed the EO.

Friday some woman called me back from the EO and I need to call her today and give a PIN to talk to her.

Just wondering if anyone can give me info/advice on what they are going to say and if I should be prepared for anything.

Oh... My Denials have been too many INQs each time. (And I do admittedly have a lot) In my email I told them why.

TIA for any info. I hate calling places. Smiley Sad
12 REPLIES 12
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: CapOne EO Advice

You can call or stop whining about it.  They already have your background you put in the e-mail so, just chat her up and cross your toes.  Otherwise just throw it in a drawer for a few years and ignore it.  I don't bother chasing the Cap1/Chase/etc. banks at this point because it's pointless.  They work for some and stagnate for others.  Seems like you're looking for your next FIX since you've been shotdown left and right lately for no good reason.  But, HEY you got the Disco issue fixed to your dismay of not getting the expected CLI you thought they were holding onto for you.  Well, since then several of us have had the same issue with the 3-5 day response instead of our normal manual reviews.  

Just use your phone for something besides the internet Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 13
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I would probably say just take a breather for awhile. I've seen several posts of yours and you are basically looking for credit all over the place. Relax and just use your cards and pay them every month. The rest takes care of itself eventually. Hassling with the EO over CLIs is rarely worthwhile.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am going to agree with the other responses and say at this point I would take a breather. I know you've had a lot of success with credit, but it seems lately you've been getting more denials than positive responses. Is there a reason you are so affected with your Cap1 card not growing? You have some other cards that are great options to use, and could really just SD the Cap1 at this point. If you do feel inclined to call I would just give the reasoning you gave in your original email and see what happens. 

Message 4 of 13
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

I thought that the EO stopped dealing with CLI issues?

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I have applied for 2 cards in 5 months. I would not consider that "looking for credit all over the place". The excessive INQs are mostly from 12-24 months ago which is why I have high FICO scores.  When I say I have a lot it is back when I started this journey and applied for 100 store cards which is why I now preach about not getting too many and not applying for things just because you can get them. 

Just because I ask questions doesn't mean I am applying for things. I get interested and plan things out. I just be doing something right with all scores in the high 700's now, but thanks for your help.  I love it when people make assumptions on things.  

Austin.... you have told me this before via direct message. I wasn't saying I wasn't calling. I asked what to expect BEFORE I CALL THEM BACK.

If anyone cares... I got the CLI of 8k to $9500 Total.
It was an easy concersation.

Jesus this place is getting as bad as creditboards.

Message 6 of 13
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So I got sick of getting denied a CLI on my QS card-it is my lowest limit and I have scores in the 775 range on all. I have been a customer for 3 years I believe and always perfect. So, I emailed the EO.

Friday some woman called me back from the EO and I need to call her today and give a PIN to talk to her.

Just wondering if anyone can give me info/advice on what they are going to say and if I should be prepared for anything.

Oh... My Denials have been too many INQs each time. (And I do admittedly have a lot) In my email I told them why.

TIA for any info. I hate calling places. Smiley Sad

nevermind my earlier post, I just saw you got the CLI..congrats!!

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Actually I have applied for 2 cards in 5 months. I would not consider that "looking for credit all over the place". The excessive INQs are mostly from 12-24 months ago which is why I have high FICO scores.  When I say I have a lot it is back when I started this journey and applied for 100 store cards which is why I now preach about not getting too many and not applying for things just because you can get them. 

Just because I ask questions doesn't mean I am applying for things. I get interested and plan things out. I just be doing something right with all scores in the high 700's now, but thanks for your help.  I love it when people make assumptions on things.  

Austin.... you have told me this before via direct message. I wasn't saying I wasn't calling. I asked what to expect BEFORE I CALL THEM BACK.

If anyone cares... I got the CLI of 8k to $9500 Total.
It was an easy concersation.

Jesus this place is getting as bad as creditboards.

I have noticed a few more negative posts lately. Hopefully that will get squashed before it overtakes the forum. I love the usually positive vibes around here. You can disagree without being mean or snarky. (Not directed at anyone in particular, just a trend I have noticed in some threads.)

Now... 100 store cards? Was that a real number or an intentional exaggeration???

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

DJ congratulations on your CLI! 😊
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tidegirl.... yes, that is what I loved about this place. I was a member of CB for years. In the past year before I came here people started being the credit police and would get all nasty with people. Not me, but I still got sick of reading it. SomeOne would ask "Anyone know the scores required to get a (such and such) a card" and the replies would be "you don't need the card" or "that bank sucks" and its like... um... op did not ask if you thought he/she should get the card or if you liked the bank who issued the cards. It became annoying.

This place was always friendly and helpful. Lately people here are getting that way too. It's sad. (I.e... I ask a question on products and all of a sudden I apply for everything under the sun) Guess I should not inform myself on other products.

Anyway... to answer your question. No, obviously not 100. I am actually tame on here. I had maybe 7-8. I have closed them all. I now only have 8 cards total and 2 PLOC, tho I am going to close my Amaxon Store card soon so I will be down to 7 cards.

I have tons of Inqs from 2015 and early 2016 from when my scores sucked. When I say tons I mean 10-15 on EX and EQ and 21 on TU. About 1/2 will fall off by July tho.

@Austin.... of course I know you are messing with me. You I know are joking and I don't care. Others I don't care either but it gets nuts when people think they know everything.

@Jane..... thx. I was happy I wrote in. She said it was because of the INQs and once I explained it she was happy to give me a limit in between my lowest ($5k) and highest ($15k) I was really happy with whomever I spoke with.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.