Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne/HSBC Transition

tag
Lucid08
Regular Contributor

CapOne/HSBC Transition

The website transition is apparently underway. Last night I went to log into my Orchard Account and was met with a redirect notice that took me to the CapOne transition website. I was pleaseantly surprised as everything went smooth as silk. The entire process took all of 5 minutes to complete.

I've never had a CapOne card before, so I dont really know what to expect from them. The Orchard card I have is my very first CC when I started my credit building journey back in 2007 and still has the same $500 CL as it did when issued. It also carries a $79 annual fee that is due to hit on Aug 10th. I should probably close the card, but I wanted to see if CapOne might show me some lovin and up my CLI and/or remove the AF once the account has been fully transferred to them.

What do ya'll think? Would I be wasting my time waiting, or is CapOne a better company than Orchard in these regards?

P.S. Never went over 20% util on this card, never late. Use to buy gas once in a while just to keep it active.

EQUIFAX - 640 1/05/12 - Goal of 720 by Mid May!
Transunion - 637 - 01/15/10
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Re: CapOne/HSBC Transition

i would try the eo to see if you can at least do something with the af and see if you can switch it to a different capone product...i just contacted the eo this weekend and someone got back to me monday but i was too busy with work to pick up my phone...hopefully he calls back tomorrow...i will keep you posted with my experience Smiley Wink

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 2 of 17
chnceit
Valued Contributor

You should try the CLI button online first because some members are getting an increase that way. If not them contact the EO.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 3 of 17
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

yeah, try the CLI button first, if no go then contact the EO. I have had my AF waived, 4x CLI, and rewards added. Good luck!

Message 4 of 17
Lucid08
Regular Contributor

Just when I think I know all the terms used here...Smiley Very Happy

What is the/a/an EO?

Message 5 of 17
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

eo...executive office Smiley Wink

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 6 of 17
Lucid08
Regular Contributor

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

yeah, try the CLI button first, if no go then contact the EO. I have had my AF waived, 4x CLI, and rewards added. Good luck!

You've had all of this occur with an HSBC card that was transferred to CapOne in the short time the merger has been going on?

Message 7 of 17
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

just PMed you Smiley Wink gl!

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 8 of 17
Lucid08
Regular Contributor

@djc1puno wrote:

eo...executive office Smiley Wink

Ahh..ok. It has been a while since I posted here. Didnt know we were to the point of bypassing Customer Service and going straight for the Executive Office in order to get results.

is this to be interpreted that this speaks poorly of CapOne's customer service department?

Message 9 of 17
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

i think the normal lines for customer service aren't as "empowered" to do the things that we request so contacting the eo and getting someone from there with more "power" is better Smiley Happy but i still do try to go thru normal csrs first before heading to the eo Smiley Happy

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.