Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne No hassle Points

tag
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

CapOne No hassle Points

does anyone have this card? it seem like it is very beneficial.......5 points per dollar spent at gas stations, drugstores, and grocery stores....and 1 point per dollar everywhere else....

since points can be redeemed for whatever you choose...i think this is the next card on my list....
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CapOne No hassle Points

CreditDrama85 wrote:
does anyone have this card? it seem like it is very beneficial.......5 points per dollar spent at gas stations, drugstores, and grocery stores....and 1 point per dollar everywhere else....

since points can be redeemed for whatever you choose...i think this is the next card on my list....

I had a Capital One No Hassle Points Rewards card that I canceled last November.  It had no AF, 9.9% APR, and a $9000 CL.  The one thing I didn't like about my card's rewards program was that I needed to earn a bazillion points before I could redeem them.  From what I've just read on their website, the points programs vary, as do the minimum number of points required for any redemption.  So, you might first want to ask them about the minimum number of points you need before you can begin to redeem them. 
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

it will be a joke the point for rememtion will be so inflated it's rediculess

If your not getting at least 1% return on your points , you getting taken, my first cap1 card few after having I was upgraded to 1/$1 points program , a $5 gift card = 2.000 points =.25%

So with 5/1 the redemption will be that much more inflated

also I think the 5/1 is part of there subprime marketng to entice the inexperience  to "chase rewards" before the they've learn to PIF, and the catagories arefor the most "bonus" points are highly consumable products(ie. gorceries and gas) Which should NEVER be put on credit UNLESS YOU PLAN TO PIF another reason I belive is a subprime marketing tatic is that the 5/1 points option is only avialable at the "needs improvment" and "limited History" levels, so if it's a great deal , then why can't people good credit have it?
Message 3 of 4
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

yeah, i recognized that also and thought it was interesting that the "good credit" category received fewer points than "needs improvement" youd think it would be the other way around.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.