tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CapOne PC to Venture One successful

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Luscher wrote:
Why not the normal Venture?

For that matter, why not a Quicksilver?

The Venture One is simply 1.25% back only redeemable for travel. The QS is 1.5%, the Venture is 2% for travel. I see no reason why anyone would want a Venture One, but to each their own

Maybe since he was offered the bonus for VentureOne? That's the only reason I can imagine.

The real question is how easy is it to PC from a Venture to a Quicksilver after the first year. I'm completely on the fence with apping for that card since it's useless for me outside the bonus after the first year. It's not worth paying the annual fee since I have a Double Cash.

I can't find any recent data points that suggest it's easy to PC from a Venture to a Quicksilver. It seems like they don't want to do that for people who got the $400 bonus for the Venture.

Message 11 of 15
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Luscher wrote:

The Venture One is simply 1.25% back only redeemable for travel. The QS is 1.5%, the Venture is 2% for travel. I see no reason why anyone would want a Venture One, but to each their own

Maybe since he was offered the bonus for VentureOne? That's the only reason I can imagine.

The real question is how easy is it to PC from a Venture to a Quicksilver after the first year. I'm completely on the fence with apping for that card since it's useless for me outside the bonus after the first year. It's not worth paying the annual fee since I have a Double Cash.

I can't find any recent data points that suggest it's easy to PC from a Venture to a Quicksilver. It seems like they don't want to do that for people who got the $400 bonus for the Venture.

Well, I kind of understand them making it difficult. They don't exactly want people to just open it for the bonus, and then PC or close it.

If it's useless after the bonus, there is really no reason to get it IMO. Even PCing to a Quicksilver is of little value for you since you have a Double Cash. (It also appears you have a QS in your sig, so why would you want two?) If I were you, I'd avoid apping for the Venture. You don't seem to need it at all.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did it through online chat. Cap One loves me. I already PCd my QS1 to QS after 4th statement cut. I hit luv button and doubled CL from 3K to 6K. Immediately went on chat and they converted QS1. So after 2nd platinum statement hit, I hit luv button, it was a no go. So I chatted about PC. First agent said Venture One was available. I said okay. They transferred me to Roger who went over all the terms of Venture One. I specifically asked about 20 K bonus. He said it was on the card
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Luscher wrote:

Well, I kind of understand them making it difficult. They don't exactly want people to just open it for the bonus, and then PC or close it.

If it's useless after the bonus, there is really no reason to get it IMO. Even PCing to a Quicksilver is of little value for you since you have a Double Cash. (It also appears you have a QS in your sig, so why would you want two?) If I were you, I'd avoid apping for the Venture. You don't seem to need it at all.

Yes, I get why they are making it difficult as well. I would truly only be doing it for the bonus. I don't necessarily want another QS, but I'd rather PC to something than close it after the first year. And if I had to PC it, I'd rather PC to something I might use from time to time.

I'm currently playing the all cards except one report a zero balance game (for scoring and to avoid AA due to new accounts), so I'll often not use a card for the week before the statement cuts. That leaves some room for me to use it occasionally. It also wouldn't hurt to have another Visa Signature lying around. My other QS is a MC.

I'm probably going to hold off on applying for anything until the 50,000 Southwest offer for the Plus card to come back. Getting another 50k + a companion pass would definitely be more valuable than $400 towards travel.

Message 14 of 15
BLAIX
Contributor

Well after months of failed chats with CapOne I was able to get a PC from Platinum with AF to VentureOne with no AF - I probably still won't use the card but at least there is no AF attached and I can just sockdrawer it without incurring a fee every year. CSR said the 20k bonus was a no-go though. What did you do to talk them in to it?

Total Credit: $96,000. Total Utilization: 4%
[[Starting Score (10/2014): EQ: 674 | EX: 680 | TU: 745]] | [[Current Score (02/2020): EQ: 808 | EX: ??? | TU: 778]] | [[Goal Score: 800 Club]]
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.