Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners

CapOne PC

What is the best method to try to get a PC out of Cap One, and does anyone know what my chances are of them actually going for it since the web portal always says no offers available.

I have had a Platinum VIsa with the $39AF since ~2004, when I was still in college for the first time.  2k CL.  Its one of my older accounts so I would like to keep it open, but the card is crap, and I hate AF cards.  Was thinking of trying to get a PC (and maybe a CLI) to Quicksilver for some rewards, or even just to platinum prestige to get rid of the AF.  I haven't even used this card since ~July '12 because it has the highest APR (~22%) and no rewards to speak of.

To give an Idea of the rest of my portfolio:

760 EX (Discover 7/17/13)

749 FAKO (CreditKarma)

Amex BCE (8.5k Initial 7/17/13)

Chase Freedom (4k Initial 7/17/13)

Barclay uPromise (5k initial 7/17/13)

Discover IT (5.5k Initial 7/17/13)

(Yeah Just did an app bomb when my credit recovered from an unemployed period, no missed payments but util went to ~75% back to 1-4% now)

Amazon Store (1.2k Initial 10/12ish)

Sams Club Store (1.2k)

Chase Amazon (2k)

Capital One Crap (2k)

Local Credit Union Visa ($500 should likely try to CLI this one eventually, got it when I was 17)

Also have a car loan (25k initial ~8k left) and Student Loans (~18k, in deferment) and some small closed (paid) personal loans going back 10 years

Income is in the mid 50ks

On a Side note for anyone still reading, AMEX 3X CLI, with a 8.5k initial would A) be a pretty high amount and B) put me over the 25k Review limit.  Should I just ask for 20k and see what they come back with, even that is pretty high, but might be nice to have.

Established Contributor

Re: CapOne PC

Capital One usually does not do product changes, and if they do, you have to have an upgrade available on your account. Most people contact the EO, and seem to ask for a CLI, the AF removed, and if they can add rewards onto the card. That seems to be the only option to get them to do anything with your account.

Amex BCE $18,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $15,000 | Chase Freedom VS $20,000 | Chase Marriott Premier VS $5,000 | Citi Diamond Preferred $4,200 | DCU $4,300 | Discover It $4,900 | Local Bank MC $4,125 | Local CU Visa $3,500 | PenFed Platinum Rewards VS $9,000 | SallieMae Rewards $11,000
Frequent Contributor

Re: CapOne PC

On the Amex CLI, I'm going to be in the same boat soon, (I hope), and plan on asking for $24,500. I think I read somewhere that asking over $25K is what triggers the review.

In the Garden since 7/3/13
Latest Scores: 749 EQ MyFico 8/5/13 | 766 TU Wally Aug '13 | 732 CK Fako 8/7/13 | 776 CS Fako 8/6/13
Goal: 780+ and my own house by next summer!

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.