Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne Platinum upgraded to Venture Rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CapOne Platinum upgraded to Venture Rewards

So after seeing everyone else get their cards upgraded and repeatedly being told I had no offers via live chat, I'd pretty much lost hope but decided to contact CapOne via Facebook as a last ditch effort.

I didn't expect success honestly, but they called and said my request had been approved. She couldn't have been nicer and the call took all of a minutes. Props to CapOne CS!

I'd have never known about the EO/Facebook option if it weren't for this board, so thanks to everyone!
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: CapOne Platinum upgraded to Venture Rewards

You got your regular Plat upgraded to the Venture or the Venture One? Whats your CL on the card, and how long have you had it?
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regular Platinum from way back in the day, like 1999, with an AF and $10K CL.

Was upgraded to a Venture Rewards not Venture One.
Message 3 of 23
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Regular Platinum from way back in the day, like 1999, with an AF and $10K CL.

Was upgraded to a Venture Rewards not Venture One.

Awesome, especially that date...1999! Congrats on the upgrade!

Message 4 of 23
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

Congrats that's awesome!

Message 5 of 23
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So after seeing everyone else get their cards upgraded and repeatedly being told I had no offers via live chat, I'd pretty much lost hope but decided to contact CapOne via Facebook as a last ditch effort.

I didn't expect success honestly, but they called and said my request had been approved. She couldn't have been nicer and the call took all of a minutes. Props to CapOne CS!

I'd have never known about the EO/Facebook option if it weren't for this board, so thanks to everyone!

Very Nice. congrats

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you contact through Facebook, because the live chat doesnt popup on my computer?

Message 8 of 23
elim
Senior Contributor

hey that's nice!     even if you don't get the bonus i would take the ancient credit line instead for sure.

congrats

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly. I just thought it was ridiculous that I was paying an AF for a no-rewards Platinum card (the new ones don't even have AF), but I really didn't want to close such an old account. I didn't get the sign-up bonus, but I actually didn't even think to ask about it. 

To whomever asked, just go to the Capital One Facebook page and send a message like you would to one of your FB friends. I was actually really surprised that they'd already approved the PC prior to even talking to me and simply called to confirm that I'd like to go ahead with the PC. The phone call took all of one minute. Extremely impressed.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.