Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne Platnium MC upgraded to Quicksilver MC

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

CapOne Platnium MC upgraded to Quicksilver MC

January I recieved the Cap1 Platinum $2000 CL post BK 9/15. After the 3rd statement cleared. I hit the luv button (Thanks to you guys posting) and it doubled to $4000. Feb got QS1 for $3000. Last week got the Venture for 10k in the mail. Again reading all your great advise on here and Cap One being awesome. Question is. I have read many older threads and they all differ. I upgraded the Plat no thrills to the regular QS cash back. The account number will stay the same. From what I gather. The QS MC is just a reg CC with cash back. If it was Visa it would have been a sig card like the Venture. Then I've read about world and world elite under the MC umbrella. What will this card really be like if you have one. Thanks guys for all the great posts and advice. Couldnt have done all this w/o all thats on this forum.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: CapOne Platnium MC upgraded to Quicksilver MC

Anyone have the Quicksilver MC that was upgraded from the Platnium MC? Will it be just a regular card since it doesnt fall under the Visa Sig status. Or will it be World or World elite?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Anyone have the Quicksilver MC that was upgraded from the Platnium MC? Will it be just a regular card since it doesnt fall under the Visa Sig status. Or will it be World or World elite?

I started with a Platinum MC and recieved an upgrade to the QS MC. It's a regular rewards card, no AF. I recently asked for an upgrade to World and was told that it was not possible. I'm not sure the person I spoke to knew what they were talking about, though (online chat), so I will try again soon.

Message 3 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Thanks for the reply and info. Appriciate it.

Message 4 of 6
sjt
Senior Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

If you product change from a Mastercard to a QS card it will remain a Mastercard. You have to request for a WMC and I believe you should have at least a $5K CL. WEMC are by invite only.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 5 of 6
NRB525
Super Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Platinum $10k upgraded to World MC QS last summer.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.