Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne Pre-approvals

tag
SpaceInvader
New Contributor

CapOne Pre-approvals

Hi All:

Even though I'm in the garden from time to time I check for pre-qualified offers to see how my credit score improvement is helping me Smiley Happy. That and it soothes my urge to apply when i see a bunch of "We couldn't find any prequalified offers for you."

I am an existing CapOne customer and I just did a check through their prequalify process. It prequalified me for the Venture One, QuickSilver (i already have the QS1), and Platinum prestige.

Since i'm an existing customer will they do a HP to convert me to one of their other products? I am tempeted to convert to the QS since there is no annaul fee, no apr till Sep. 2015 and 100 one time bonus.

Please share your experiences.

Thanks.

Gardening since: 4/2015
Starting Score: 666 Current Score: 688(Barclay FICO) Goal Score: 750

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: CapOne Pre-approvals

@SpaceInvader wrote:

Hi All:

Even though I'm in the garden from time to time I check for pre-qualified offers to see how my credit score improvement is helping me Smiley Happy. That and it soothes my urge to apply when i see a bunch of "We couldn't find any prequalified offers for you."

I am an existing CapOne customer and I just did a check through their prequalify process. It prequalified me for the Venture One, QuickSilver (i already have the QS1), and Platinum prestige.

Since i'm an existing customer will they do a HP to convert me to one of their other products? I am tempeted to convert to the QS since there is no annaul fee, no apr till Sep. 2015 and 100 one time bonus.

Please share your experiences.

Thanks.

Are you doing pre qual from cap one site or from card match? The one thing an lot of people worry about when it comes to cap one applications are they triple pull. IF you do an pc from QS1 to QS i don't think they HP you. I did an PC to QS last year and no HP for me. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 11
SpaceInvader
New Contributor

I checked through their website. Okay, I'll try my chances with them after the Thanks giving break.

Message 3 of 11
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Log into your account and go on chat and ask if it's possible to product change to the Quicksilver. I'm pretty sure no HP to product change. It really depends how long you have had your current card if they will do it or not.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you do a PC I don't think you'll qualify for the incentives (ie $100 bonus)... that stuff is usually reserved for new accounts in my experience.

Message 5 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

No HP on a PC, just did it last weekend.  Different product from Cap1 it was from a Cap1 QS One to Venture One.  Ya I know rewards are better with QS, but permanetly got rid of AF and hoping they rebucket me to a different CSR, etc.  

Anyways no HP on a PC, I did mine via chat..  They will say here is how you check your offers etc., I said it never works etc... they then check and sure enough I had an offer.

Message 6 of 11
SpaceInvader
New Contributor

I have had the card for now 6 years.

Yeah i'm only interested in the PC for the incentives otherwise my QS1 gives me the same rewards; they waived the annual fee when I got it.

I'll try the chat and see what they say.

Thanks everyone so far for the feedback. Have a nice Thanksgiving!

Message 7 of 11
SpaceInvader
New Contributor

I have a bk that was dicharged in Fed. 2009. My current EX, TU score is 680 and Barclay FICO is showing 680 as well. My Vantage is 693. I have a 30-day late in March 2009. Everything since then is clean and on-time. I have a mortage now for 3 years, a car loan (paid off), and student loans that i pay monthly.

Based on these pre-approvals I am tempted to apply for the Venture 1 so that I can have a card with a higher limit (my max at moment is the Discover on which I'm an AU). I have a Wells Fargo but only 1k is VISA rest is strictly home improvement stores.

Based on above brief picture, what are my odds of getting lets say 10k limit on the Venture 1? I don't want to come out of the garden unless my chances are good. Let me know your experiences. I can wait till I get over 700 if that gives me more certainty.

Thanks.

Message 8 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@SpaceInvader wrote:

Based on above brief picture, what are my odds of getting lets say 10k limit on the Venture 1? I don't want to come out of the garden unless my chances are good. Let me know your experiences. I can wait till I get over 700 if that gives me more certainty.

Thanks.

Feel like rolling the dice?  Cap1 makes no sense at all you can get a 1k CL or a 10k CL if you app for it.  Best of luck whatever you choice is.

Also Cap1 puls are 3 bureaus meaning TU/EX/EQ, but they basically go off your equifax score, so that would be helpful to know that as well..

Message 9 of 11
SpaceInvader
New Contributor

okay, thanks for the bit. I'll see if others have any input before making a decision.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.