Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne QS CLI/ APR reduction with HP from Venture app

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CapOne QS CLI/ APR reduction with HP from Venture app

I applied and got approved for a 15k Venture @17.9% today. I currently have a QS that has 18.9% APR and $10,550 limit that I got by combining a QS & QS1 cards last month.
Can I use the Venture HP to request for better terms for my QS? Will front line CSR be able to help? I currently see no offers in their modify features page.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: CapOne QS CLI/ APR reduction with HP from Venture app

It's tough to get APR reductions on any cap1 product from what I hear.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand that it's difficult. But I'm wondering if using a HP from another CapOne product is even allowed.
Message 3 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I try to never sound 'negative', but honestly I've never heard of anybody getting an APR permanently lowered on an account with Capital One. 

The best I've ever heard of (and been offered myself) is a temporary reduction, usually for six months, and generally 3-4 percentage points from your 'regular' rate. 

This being said, I would love for somebody to prove me wrong... it certainly wouldn't hurt to give Capital One a call, just don't be disappointed with the reply you get. 

Message 4 of 13
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

I try to never sound 'negative', but honestly I've never heard of anybody getting an APR permanently lowered on an account with Capital One. 

The best I've ever heard of (and been offered myself) is a temporary reduction, usually for six months, and generally 3-4 percentage points from your 'regular' rate. 

This being said, I would love for somebody to prove me wrong... it certainly wouldn't hurt to give Capital One a call, just don't be disappointed with the reply you get. 

I got my APR lowered on my QS1 from 22.9% to 17.9% permanently last year via EO.

Message 5 of 13
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I don't think there is any correlation as far "using the same HP" as typically Capital One doesn't HP for CLI or APR reductions anyway.

Capital One just doesn't work the same way as many other lenders. They rarely lower APRs permanently (although it isn't totally unheard of the way it is with Chase). 90% of the time though, a temporary reduction is all you are given. With Capital One, similar to Chase, if you are really interested in a significant APR reduction it's often more useful to reapply.

As far as the CLI, they don't HP for them, so the Venture app would make little difference IMO, but since they just extended that credit I think asking for a CLI at the same time on another card may not get you very far.

Message 6 of 13
ddemari
Super Contributor

My experience with capitalone is they don't apr reductions mainstream. U have to be in with them for a while and then you can utilize the chat feature to see if their are any offers on your account to lower the apr. 9 out of 10 times they wil say no but there is a chance at some point they say yes. 

Message 7 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@jace8602 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

I got my APR lowered on my QS1 from 22.9% to 17.9% permanently last year via EO.

That's awesome!  I was genuinely hoping there was somebody out there with a different experience!  Smiley Very Happy

So, it would appear that it is possible, but will likely require EO-level intervention... anybody else out there with any luck getting an "offer" for a permanently lower APR, either via chat or regular CSR?

Message 8 of 13
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@UncleB wrote:

@jace8602 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

That's awesome!  I was genuinely hoping there was somebody out there with a different experience!  Smiley Very Happy

So, it would appear that it is possible, but will likely require EO-level intervention... anybody else out there with any luck getting an "offer" for a permanently lower APR, either via chat or regular CSR?

Yes.   I was able to get my APR lowered permanently from 19.9% to 17.9% on my QS.   I had to go through the EO to get that.  

My approval on Sony Card was at 13.9% and my prescreen offers give 12.9% across the board.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 9 of 13
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
@I applied and got approved for a 15k Venture @17.9% today. I currently have a QS that has 18.9% APR and $10,550 limit that I got by combining a QS & QS1 cards last month.
Can I use the Venture HP to request for better terms for my QS? Will front line CSR be able to help? I currently see no offers in their modify features page.

To answer OP's question, they used their last SP information for mine, since I hadn't had HP from Cap One since the Sony Card app.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.