Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne Quicksilver Question

tag
writerstale
Contributor

CapOne Quicksilver Question

I applied for a CapOne Quicksilver Rewards card. I got declined. I was told it was based on my credit report from TransUnion that my length of credit history is the cause of denial. I have had my 2 credit cards for at least a year and 2 months now. Always in good standings. My question is how much positive credit history do I need before I'm approved? Also, is there someone I can call about this to get the decision reversed?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CapOne Quicksilver Question

I would guess 6-12 months of useage? CapOne is often pretty nice to thin files, so I'd probably try again after you've had your cards for 6 months and have treated them well... 

Message 2 of 8
writerstale
Contributor

Appreciate that @goldenstardust

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm that is odd...people usually PC to QS from Journey or Plat rather easily.

Try to go to their app website and use chat to talk to them. 

Also, may I know which two cards you have now? 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm that is odd...people usually PC to QS from Journey or Plat rather easily.

Try to go to their app website and use chat to talk to them. 

Also, may I know which two cards you have now? 

+1 yeah, I had misread your post-- thought you only had your other two cards for two months... I agree with Mongolot that you should chat and try to get more info.

Message 5 of 8
Pway
Valued Contributor

I agree that is odd.  My cousin was approved for Capital One recently and all she had in her profile was store cards.  They were not open very long either.  As well as my bf who has not had a credit card in years, was approved. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@writerstale wrote:

I applied for a CapOne Quicksilver Rewards card. I got declined. I was told it was based on my credit report from TransUnion that my length of credit history is the cause of denial. I have had my 2 credit cards for at least a year and 2 months now. Always in good standings. My question is how much positive credit history do I need before I'm approved? Also, is there someone I can call about this to get the decision reversed?

What are the 2 cards? if they are store cards or CreditOne, they may not hold as much weight as another card. Also, what are the limits of the 2?

Message 7 of 8
ddemari
Super Contributor

Maybe your income wasn't high enough for them? There have been so many approvals of QS VIsa and Venture Visa with profiles that typically wouldn't be approved. But it seems like they are tightening up a little bit. Sometimes its good to go for the QS AF MC if you feel borderline, at lesat you can build with them and PC (maybe) that card later. Wait 6 months and try again. Maybe Discover would like you? they tend to like a user without lots of cards and a years worth of history. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.