cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne QuicksilverOne Credit Steps program.

tag
growing123
Regular Contributor

Re: CapOne QuicksilverOne Credit Steps program.

@StarraeAday1 wrote:

I opened a new CapOne account on 8/1 to help rebuild. They gave me a $500 credit limit. I received an email shortly after telling me that the account was enrolled in Credit Steps and would get a CLI to $750 after five months. I've asked for a CLI via chat twice already and have been told that the account isn't eligible due to being in Credit Steps. Has anyone succeeded with getting a CLI before the automatic one? Should I try the Executive Office? I want to use this card for everything, but the limit is really hindering me. I've already made 8 payments on the account in less than two months. Any experience or advice is appreciated!

i had a great experience with this program.  They gave me a Platinum MC with a $300 limit and set to go to $750 at six months.  After six months they gave me an auto cli to $4300!!  i was shocked.  That's when i PC to the Quicksilver. 

Starting Scores - Mid 500s - 10/2013

EX 706 (FICO 9/15) | EQ 710 (FICO 9/15) | TU 716 (FICO 9/15)

Quicksilver $12.8K | Freedom $1.5k | Discover It $11.5k | VS $1.2k | AMEX BCE $10k | Fidelity AMEX $10k | US Cash+ $9k | Citi DC $6.6k
Message 11 of 28
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

I haven't had any luck. My platinum went from $300 last year to $750 this past April. I hit the luv button last week and got the "not eligible for increase because of a recent one" denial. I'm waiting to see if my auto CLI kicks in this month. Will share if it does.

edited for typo

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@growing123 wrote:

@StarraeAday1 wrote:

I opened a new CapOne account on 8/1 to help rebuild. They gave me a $500 credit limit. I received an email shortly after telling me that the account was enrolled in Credit Steps and would get a CLI to $750 after five months. I've asked for a CLI via chat twice already and have been told that the account isn't eligible due to being in Credit Steps. Has anyone succeeded with getting a CLI before the automatic one? Should I try the Executive Office? I want to use this card for everything, but the limit is really hindering me. I've already made 8 payments on the account in less than two months. Any experience or advice is appreciated!

i had a great experience with this program.  They gave me a Platinum MC with a $300 limit and set to go to $750 at six months.  After six months they gave me an auto cli to $4300!!  i was shocked.  That's when i PC to the Quicksilver. 

Same story here pretty much..

$500 -> $1,000 -> $2,000 -> EO $3,000/QS upgrade.

Message 13 of 28
StarraeAday1
Regular Contributor

I updated because I was successful in obtaining my CLI just 8 weeks after opening the account and despite it being enrolled in credit steps. Smiley Happy

Foreclosure - June 2017
Ch. 7 BK - Discharged January 2018
6/2020 - EQ 680 | EX 691 | TU 707
Message 14 of 28
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Moms card started at 750, she used it maybe 3 times for small purchases and PIF. Her first credit step bumped her to 3750.
TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 15 of 28
waters
Regular Contributor

I got my capital one mc almost 4 months ago. I got a cli 2 weeks after the card before my first statement via EO.

I basically emailed them saying thanks for the 500 but it's hard to manage such a small amount. And while I didn't mind sending 10 payments in a month ideally I wouldn't have to.

They raised me to 1000. A week after they gave me the cli I got the credit steps email.

So yes you can get a cli before credit steps via EO
6/2014; EX:621 EQ:627 TU:640
Cards: Capital One WORLD MC (QS): $7500 | Chase Freedom $3500
Sock: Merrick Bank $600 | Barclaycard $1250 | Sportsman's guide visa $2500

Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@waters wrote:
I got my capital one mc almost 4 months ago. I got a cli 2 weeks after the card before my first statement via EO.

I basically emailed them saying thanks for the 500 but it's hard to manage such a small amount. And while I didn't mind sending 10 payments in a month ideally I wouldn't have to.

They raised me to 1000. A week after they gave me the cli I got the credit steps email.

So yes you can get a cli before credit steps via EO

That's the first i've heard of this. Nice going!

Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have been Declined 2 times already for a CLI for my CapOne Visa, i have been their customer now for 4 months so i guess i will just wait for the 6 months and see what happens..

Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone please send me EO info? Trying for a CLI on my QS1.
Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't get to excited. I have had my card since 2010 and its only at 800. My other 2 are 2200 and 4300. The platinum card is really only good for beginners building
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.