Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne Secured Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CapOne Secured Card

I have  bad credit I am trying to rebuild. My scored hovers around 550-575. Will $200 on a secured card help build my credit any? Is there a better minimum I should get do show improvement on my score? Don't know if it's worth it to put more on a card, that will never go unsecured.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CapOne Secured Card

Yes, it will help. I wouldn't place too much more than that on the card because you're right, it will never unsecure. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

rather it unsecures or not i would put at least $500. you can close it in a few years when your credit builds back up
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have  bad credit I am trying to rebuild. My scored hovers around 550-575. Will $200 on a secured card help build my credit any? Is there a better minimum I should get do show improvement on my score? Don't know if it's worth it to put more on a card, that will never go unsecured.

If you can swing $500, then I would put that down on Cap 1 so that it gives you more cushion in regards to UTI.  When I got it, you could add additional funds, but once they took away that option, I applied for the Venture and QS and closed it.  It took about 6 months, but I started getting other card offers.  Look upon it as an investment in your future. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe look into the Builder Program card.  It has the potential to grow unlike the Secured Card (which DOES get a small unsecured CLI at the 6 month mark but I've not seen it grow any further than that to date from any reports) and it is not secured.

The limit is really small for the first 5 months but then it becomes a $500 unsecured Platinum MC.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.