@ficofox wrote:

Congrats! I hope to be as fortunate soon. Smiley Happy

Thanks!

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 11 of 18
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Re: CapOne Upgrade

Can you please share the number they gave you?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I finally got a chance to call in this morning at the number given on the invite and asked a bunch of questions...Basically you keep the terms and limit of your current card and they just upgrade your account to a VentureOne so you can earn miles. Same account, no credit pull, keep all your history...was hoping for a lower APR and a limit increase but my APR is already lower than their highest rate on a new app for a VentureOne so I still took the offer, will get my new card in 7-10 days and we will see if I get a siggy one or not, forgot to ask that question.

But I say if it's a free upgrade and no inquiry and no annual fee...there was no reason not to take it!

Message 13 of 18
MagicShot
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I finally got a chance to call in this morning at the number given on the invite and asked a bunch of questions...Basically you keep the terms and limit of your current card and they just upgrade your account to a VentureOne so you can earn miles. Same account, no credit pull, keep all your history...was hoping for a lower APR and a limit increase but my APR is already lower than their highest rate on a new app for a VentureOne so I still took the offer, will get my new card in 7-10 days and we will see if I get a siggy one or not, forgot to ask that question.

But I say if it's a free upgrade and no inquiry and no annual fee...there was no reason not to take it!

Rewards are better than no rewards! Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 18
LisaPA
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just did the upgrade as well, and I asked about a CLI. She said she recommends waiting until I get the new card, then requesting a CLI at activation. I took that to mean she didn't have the power to do it herself.

Message 15 of 18
MagicShot
Contributor

Did they pull your credit for the upgrade? I have a cap one but still an old builder card want upgrade it or get rid of it but holding because of age.
Message 16 of 18
LisaPA
Regular Contributor

@MagicShot wrote:
Did they pull your credit for the upgrade? I have a cap one but still an old builder card want upgrade it or get rid of it but holding because of age.

This was by invitation and was specifically described in the letter as an upgrade. No credit pull. The CSR said it was a reward for being a good customer and because I didn't currently have any rewards on my card. The card started as a Credit Steps in 2008, so it's just the basic no-frills platinum. I imagine if you wanted to PC without the invitation they might do a hard pull.

Message 17 of 18
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@MagicShot wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Rewards are better than no rewards! Smiley Happy

+1

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.