CapOne call

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CapOne call

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

I am a new CapOne customer,  ( Venture ),  and today I called to find out when my due date and statement date was on my card.  What impressed me most about the call,  and this is the first time this has happened to me with any ccc,  is that when the lady answered,  she not only stated her name but where she was calling from,  (  Tampa, Fl ).  I wish all of the reps from all of the ccc would do this.  Maybe other companies do this,  but I have never experienced this.  Kudos to CapOne on doing this. 

My guess is they are testing the waters with this by clearly stating they are calling from the US to see what customers think of this. If this is true that may mean they will be switching some of their CS to the US which would be great because, as it is, I love everything about Cap One except for their CS. Maybe they are moving some of their marketing budget into CS now Smiley Very Happy?

lets hope they will change to all US based reps.  I mean really,  at my age,  I am not going to learn 20 different languages.  Smiley Very Happy

Really I could see it happening. With their successful marketing campaigns now they have a huge customer base, so now would be the opportunity for them to shift focus to CS and customer retention. It would make sense... but what do I know right? 

Message 11 of 39
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

I am a new CapOne customer,  ( Venture ),  and today I called to find out when my due date and statement date was on my card.  What impressed me most about the call,  and this is the first time this has happened to me with any ccc,  is that when the lady answered,  she not only stated her name but where she was calling from,  (  Tampa, Fl ).  I wish all of the reps from all of the ccc would do this.  Maybe other companies do this,  but I have never experienced this.  Kudos to CapOne on doing this. 

This is not normal for their CSR to be US Based... Maybe they are trying to turn over a new leaf??  I always use my CSP # when I gotta deal with Chase or Amex Chat w/Amex or can get Us Based with barclay's as well usually.. Never had such luck with Cap1 other then when I call the EO #.  Wish all cards would be US Based CS, would be wiling to pay a small AF for this as the aggrevation of taking to someone over seas is to much for me to deal with with the communcation barrier.

Well,  I guess I got lucky then.  It certainly was a pleasant surprise and I had a great conversation  with the lady.  On my other card calls,  If I get overseas reps I just hang up,  I refuse to go through that aggravation.

Call again and see if it is another Us Based Rep.. For MyFico research and just hang up either way and report back.

OK,  I justed called again,  got an overseas guy,  and he didn't tell me where he was,  dang-it,  ruined my day now.  Smiley Very Happy

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 12 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Agree actually QS rewards are the easiest in the business to redeem..  Still the CSR Smiley Sad...  Hope this is a change for their prime cards or even sub-prime...  Probaby a pilot program.

That's what I mean. If I wasn't so on top of my finances and rewards I would probably just use a QS. For someone that just wants a card to do everything and not worry about min/maxing rewards, fees, mins, etc. it makes so much sense. Just spend money and get cash back for everything and no minimum redemption. It definately has a place in the market, even if not here within this community.

Message 13 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

This is not normal for their CSR to be US Based... Maybe they are trying to turn over a new leaf??  I always use my CSP # when I gotta deal with Chase or Amex Chat w/Amex or can get Us Based with barclay's as well usually.. Never had such luck with Cap1 other then when I call the EO #.  Wish all cards would be US Based CS, would be wiling to pay a small AF for this as the aggrevation of taking to someone over seas is to much for me to deal with with the communcation barrier.

Well,  I guess I got lucky then.  It certainly was a pleasant surprise and I had a great conversation  with the lady.  On my other card calls,  If I get overseas reps I just hang up,  I refuse to go through that aggravation.

Call again and see if it is another Us Based Rep.. For MyFico research and just hang up either way and report back.

OK,  I justed called again,  got an overseas guy,  and he didn't tell me where he was,  dang-it,  ruined my day now.  Smiley Very Happy

Smiley Sad

Message 14 of 39
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

When you call during the day as I have done for my Venture, I always get someone from FL and in the U.S.  I think it has been like this for a while.

I hope you are right,  when I called the 2nd time I did not give my cc#,  so maybe that shipped me overseas.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 15 of 39
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

LOL I knew it wsa to good to be true!Smiley Tongue

Message 16 of 39
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

Do you alwyays have to be right??Smiley Very Happy

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
last app 2/15
Message 17 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

Don't lose hope! The fact that they have any US support means they are doing something!

Message 18 of 39
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

Don't lose hope! The fact that they have any US support means they are doing something!

This is true.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
last app 2/15
Message 19 of 39
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

True..  As stated probably a pilot program to bring some of their CSR's on their top tier cards back to the US.  Lets hope.  Although all the cursing of Cap1 I do, I truely do think they are trying to turn a new leaf and be more generous..   Also they gave me credit when not many others would either, so give them props for that.. Wish they would just grow with you vs. having to kill off old cards and take a triple hit on the CRA's again...  So I appreciate them, but they still irk me beyond belief as well..

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.