Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne call

tag
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Re: CapOne call

I'm glad you had a good experience. I dread having to call Capital One for anything.
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 21 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

True..  As stated probably a pilot program to bring some of their CSR's on their top tier cards back to the US.  Lets hope.  Although all the cursing of Cap1 I do, I truely do think they are trying to turn a new leaf and be more generous..   Also they gave me credit when not many others would either, so give them props for that.. Wish they would just grow with you vs. having to kill off old cards and take a triple hit on the CRA's again...  So I appreciate them, but they still irk me beyond belief as well..

I hope so because the only Cap One card I use these days is the Venture so if I get special treatment sounds good to me Smiley Happy

They can grow with some people. It took me a bit of effort but I got them to up my CL on my Journey, then PC it to QS, and lower APR by 4%. This means they are able to do things, just aren't necessarily willing at first. Maybe they will be changing this in the future as well. They gave me my first card as a student with an unsecured $700 Journey so they got me going in this journey (no pun intended lol). Really it seems they are making significant change in the way they do business these days and it seems they are headed towards being even more competitive. We just have to hope and wait and see what happens.

Message 22 of 39
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

Call again and see if it is another Us Based Rep.. For MyFico research and just hang up either way and report back.

OK,  I justed called again,  got an overseas guy,  and he didn't tell me where he was,  dang-it,  ruined my day now.  Smiley Very Happy

With a little trick I always get US CSR when I call Cap1... on the IVR just select/say it's for a BT and then I get : " xxx, your account supervisor"  is responding  Smiley Happy  I hate IVR so much so I tend to either press 0 until I get someone or in Cap1's case the BT option for anything Smiley LOL   it has worked for me like this.

Message 23 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

Call again and see if it is another Us Based Rep.. For MyFico research and just hang up either way and report back.

OK,  I justed called again,  got an overseas guy,  and he didn't tell me where he was,  dang-it,  ruined my day now.  Smiley Very Happy

With a little trick I always get US CSR when I call Cap1... on the IVR just select/say it's for a BT and then  xxx, your account supervisor is responding  Smiley Happy  I hate IVR so much so I tend to either press 0 until I get someone or in Cap1's case the BT option for anything Smiley LOL   it has worked for me like this.

So BT always gets you to US CSR??? Interesting Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 39
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

With a little trick I always get US CSR when I call Cap1... on the IVR just select/say it's for a BT and then  xxx, your account supervisor is responding  Smiley Happy  I hate IVR so much so I tend to either press 0 until I get someone or in Cap1's case the BT option for anything Smiley LOL   it has worked for me like this.

So far yes and it gets me an account supervisor..lol.. call the number listed on the BT link and done

Message 25 of 39
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

With a little trick I always get US CSR when I call Cap1... on the IVR just select/say it's for a BT and then I get : " xxx, your account supervisor"  is responding  Smiley Happy  I hate IVR so much so I tend to either press 0 until I get someone or in Cap1's case the BT option for anything Smiley LOL   it has worked for me like this.

Hey,  thanks for the tip,  I will try that next time. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 26 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

So far yes and it get me an account supervisor..lol..

I've only ever had to call Cap One one time but that's good to know for the future!

Message 27 of 39
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Cap1 is my best BT card and that is how I found out  ...just called recently because I wanted the same offer back from last year so I called and again " account supervisor " responded but did not have the offer I wanted so I thanked her . The next day the offer I asked was on my account.. love Cap1 Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 39
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@lg8302ch wrote:

Cap1 is my best BT card and that is how I found out  ...just called recently because I wanted the same offer back from last year so I called and again " account supervisor " responded but did not have the offer I wanted so I thanked her . The next day the offer I asked was on my account.. love Cap1 Smiley Happy

The real question what are you going to do when you have to give up your custom image QS1 card and have the bling silver Cap1 card.. Sad day lies ahead.

Message 29 of 39
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

The real question what are you going to do when you have to give up your custom image QS1 card and have the bling silver Cap1 card.. Sad day lies ahead.

sniff...keep the old card and shop online only ?   That is why for me no rush to get the new chip card Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.