Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne call

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CapOne call

@lg8302ch wrote:

Cap1 is my best BT card and that is how I found out  ...just called recently because I wanted the same offer back from last year so I called and again " account supervisor " responded but did not have the offer I wanted so I thanked her . The next day the offer I asked was on my account.. love Cap1 Smiley Happy

Sounds like my experience lol. I got my Journey CLI, then APR reduction. When I asked for a PC to QS they said no, so I called EO. They got back to me and said no, but to call back in 6 months.. Then next day I got an email that my new card was on the way and sure enough the PC to QS went through... WHO KNOWS lol Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 39
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Discover always states it. Only because they want you to know that their CSR's are in america
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 32 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi often greets me with "this is xxx from missouri", whereas 90% of cap1 reps I get on the phone speak poorer english than i do. English is not even my native language.

Message 33 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Every time I call they state their location as well, Always a pleasant call.

Message 34 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, Discover does this! 

Message 35 of 39
chwebb1
Established Contributor

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

I am a new CapOne customer,  ( Venture ),  and today I called to find out when my due date and statement date was on my card.  What impressed me most about the call,  and this is the first time this has happened to me with any ccc,  is that when the lady answered,  she not only stated her name but where she was calling from,  (  Tampa, Fl ).  I wish all of the reps from all of the ccc would do this.  Maybe other companies do this,  but I have never experienced this.  Kudos to CapOne on doing this. 

This has happened to me with both Discover and Bank of America. Whenever I call, with Discover, I usually get someone from either Salt Lake City, Utah, or Ohio, and for Bank of America, I think I normally get Arizona or Rhode Island. Both companies normally mention where they are located. I don't have a CapitalOne card, so I can't comment on that.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 36 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

I am a new CapOne customer,  ( Venture ),  and today I called to find out when my due date and statement date was on my card.  What impressed me most about the call,  and this is the first time this has happened to me with any ccc,  is that when the lady answered,  she not only stated her name but where she was calling from,  (  Tampa, Fl ).  I wish all of the reps from all of the ccc would do this.  Maybe other companies do this,  but I have never experienced this.  Kudos to CapOne on doing this.

Several other banks do this, I really like the customer service at Discover, and American Express.  We are lucky in the area of Customer Service, only becuase the banks do everything they can to make sure we are satisfied.  A very long time ago, Capital One decreased our credit line after we purchased a home and financed part of it.  We canceled our card with them after that, and have not had any relationship with them since.  I have been tempted though with the Venture card, and usually get several pre approval notices each year from them.  If they have gotten better with their customer service, maybe it's time to try them out again.
Message 37 of 39
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Yeah for me it seems the normal, if they are in the US they state the city/state.  Salt Lake Utah and such.

One thing I didnt like about Chase's US CS =/  When you call Chase customer support its US based, if it needs to go to the security department, they call someone else and feed them the info so they can help you. (non us based, or atleast he didnt say a city or state and I could barely understand hiim)

Message 38 of 39
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Thank you all for your views on calling in to CapOne and other lenders.  As long as I have been on this forum,  it seems like the less I know at times.  And that is why we are all here.  The input by everyone,  in every instance,  is priceless and can not be obtained,   to the degree that it is here on MYFICO,  IMO.  So many people out there haven't a clue about their credit and that is why they are struggling financially.  So,  kudos to you all,  especially the mods for their extra help,  on this forum and your willingness to help others. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.