Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne card replacement (Home Depot)

tag
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

CapOne card replacement (Home Depot)

So I randomly received a replacement Venture card today requesting that I activate it. The one I had already doesn't expire until 2017. Thinking back, I did use this card at Home Depot about 4 months ago. Anyone else receive a random CapOne card lately and, if so, did you happen to use that card at Home Depot?  

Either way, it's nice to know they're looking out.  CapOne has really stepped up their game in 2014. 

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Re: CapOne card replacement (Home Depot)

Resurrecting this thread...

I didn't receive one randomly but did recieve an email from Cap One telling me they are sending me a new card since mine was used at Home Depot:

You may have heard: The Home Depot reported that a data breach may have impacted some debit and credit cardholders who shopped in its stores. We’ve been monitoring the situation since this news came to light.

As a precaution to help protect you against fraud, we’re reissuing your card with a new account number. There’s no need to call us unless you see transactions you don’t recognize.

You can continue using your current card until your new card arrives. Once you receive it, please activate it right away. Your current card will stop working about a week after you get your new card.

Thanks for your patience—and your ongoing trust.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 2 of 3
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: CapOne card replacement (Home Depot)

I got a replacement card issued 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.