Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne rebuilding card question

tag
elim
Senior Contributor

CapOne rebuilding card question

If someone with a 590-600 score applies for Cap1 plat classic and is denied, will Cap1 counter with secured?? or will the secured card be another trip pull?

Prequal shows secured only.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CapOne rebuilding card question

@elim wrote:

If someone with a 590-600 score applies for Cap1 plat classic and is denied, will Cap1 counter with secured?? or will the secured card be another trip pull?

Prequal shows secured only.

Another pull -- You might call in and see if they will use that same app/HP's to consider a secured card.

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

With that score you might be able to get the journey student card . IMO It's The easiest unsecured card you can get from them .
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you apply for student card are you asked which educational institute you attend? How do they know you are a student?
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

They dont actually care.
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
They dont actually care.

Good to know.

Message 6 of 18
elim
Senior Contributor

sorry guys, long day at work.

thanks for all the feedback, i'll look into the student card and have her app for it, if she gets the D then she can try and recon for it or the secured with same pulls, worse case she can have the 6 inq's and handle some of them.

thanks again!

Message 7 of 18
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Before taking a triple pull for a secured Cap1 card that wont unsecure. I would suggest a SDFCU secured card no HP and reports to the credit bureaus. That doesn't unsecure but in my opinion a much better card.

https://www.sdfcu.org/emv-creditcards

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 8 of 18
elim
Senior Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

Before taking a triple pull for a secured Cap1 card that wont unsecure. I would suggest a SDFCU secured card no HP and reports to the credit bureaus. That doesn't unsecure but in my opinion a much better card.

https://www.sdfcu.org/emv-creditcards

so she joins the CU and applies for the CC with no pulls?

Message 9 of 18
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
They dont actually care.

so she can just put her last (short) stint of college classes and they don't check?:

student.png

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.