Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne to begin CL transfers.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CapOne to begin CL transfers.

I spoke with a credit analyst tonight about a better APR offer on my Quicksilver and happened to ask if CapOne ever allowed transfers of credit limits between cards, or was it just a Chase card thing. She replied that they will be doing it in the future, and could say that with 100% certainty. She also said the powers that be have not given a hard date on when that service will be rolled out.

Credit line transfers between CapOne cards may become a reality in CapOne world soon. 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
yfan
Valued Contributor

Re: CapOne to begin CL transfers.

There was another report about this a week or so ago. I would love to see this happen.

Message 2 of 19
kdm31091
Super Contributor

It's been "coming soon" for awhile now as a rumor. Well see when it happens. Won't really impact me as I already have what I want from them and no need to open a new card and move limits but this will benefit a lot of people.
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I spoke with a credit analyst tonight about a better APR offer on my Quicksilver and happened to ask if CapOne ever allowed transfers of credit limits between cards, or was it just a Chase card thing. She replied that they will be doing it in the future, and could say that with 100% certainty. She also said the powers that be have not given a hard date on when that service will be rolled out.

Credit line transfers between CapOne cards may become a reality in CapOne world soon. 

Boy I sure hope so, that would be awesome!

Message 4 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Believe it when I see it.. They use to have it and got rid of it around 2011 I beieve..  Obviously a reason for that policy change, be hard to believe  they would go back to the old way unless they seriously  want to take on Chase/Citi/BofA/Barchay's/Etc., if that is their reason for a possible change back to the old policy then it very well could happen.  Once again when I see it  is when I will believe it.

Also bet it would only be with their "prime" cards, not the sub-prime where AF's are a big peice of their  business if it was ever to happen

Message 5 of 19
icyhot
Valued Contributor

That'd be awesome so I could have a $8000 CL Venture
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only benefit I'd use it for is to combine the two quick silvers so I reduce the amount of cards. I'm curious to see if they really will roll it out.
Message 7 of 19
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Hopefully, the rumors are true this time.   It would be helpful to all those people with multiple CCs from Cap One's various acquisitions.    My Sony Card will likely be SDed (unless I get it up to Visa Siggy status, then I might have to use it for movies again) permanently.   If that's the case, I wouldn't mind rolling that CL into my QS.  

Definitely too early to call this one.   Unfortunately, we've heard the rumor for a while.   Smiley Frustrated 

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can guarantee that Cap One will be doing this. How do I know? Because I dumped my QS1, and now won't have the opportunity to transfer the CL from it to my QS.

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked about it last July and was flat out told no. Interesting that the company line has changed over the year.
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.