Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital 1 Credit Steps

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital 1 Credit Steps

I just received my card today in the mail $500 CL. I called capital one to ask them about my credit steps i was told I will get  a $250 CLI after i make 3 payments on time then once my account reaches 7 months I will get another $250 increase to make my account 1K.

Someone told me i should ask for a CLI before my credit steps kick in my question is when will it be a good time to ask an should i call a back door number.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
USC08
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital 1 Credit Steps

call after your 2nd statement cuts

myFICO - EQ: 776 EX: 763 TU: 791
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

hey mjbfan79,

did u get the cli after the 2nd statement got cut? 

Message 3 of 6
first48
Frequent Contributor

I only had success after the 3rd statement cut with a requesting a cli.  Then at the 4th statement my credit steps cli kicked in.
2/01/09 TU 678 EQ 690 EX 655
06/12/2014 EQ 634/ TU 623/ EX 618
Message 4 of 6
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

treat that card well and im sure you will see nice clis. the capital one card i have has never had a cli and has  never been late. im thinking once my inquiries fall off, i should just re-apply since they have "credit steps" now. the keep lowering my apr (now at 12%), but wont increase my cl even at the backdoor number! good luck to you.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldnt worry too much about inq falling off before applying.  I just applied and got a cash rewards with credit steps, my EQ had 30 inq.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.