cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital 1 Platinum upgrade to Quicksilver?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital 1 Platinum upgrade to Quicksilver?

I just PC'd Platinum to QS yesterday!

Here's my post for more info: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/More-Capital-One-PC-Success/m-p/4777226

If they don't want to up my limit significantly or give me another card like the Quicksilver with a decent limit I'm just gonna cancel it.

Cap1 did not change my limit on the PC, though I did ask. As stated in my post, I've only had the Platinum for about 6 weeks. I did request a CLI, and received the 2-3 day wait. Likely too soon, but according to multiple posts, and the person I chatted with, Cap1 does soft pulls for CLI, so no harm no foul. I relate to the low limit problem with Cap1, but I reminded myself that the Platinum is targeted to "fair/good" credit, while the QS is "excellent". So a low Platinum limit might not accurately reflect the growth potential of the QS.

Good luck regardless!

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, the way Cap1 does the steps program is pretty cookie cutter
The SL of $300 bumps to $500
The SL of $500 bumps to an additional $250 or $500
as in Zero deviation, computer clockwork after statement #6

Here is how things can vary
If you bang the luv button PRIOR to the steps CLI
You 'can' get a CLI... which is different and distinct from the automated STEPS CLI but, if miss the opportunity PRIOR to the STEPS...there will be no CLI for 6 months

So bang the luv button, for a pre-step CLI then the steps CLI will take effect automatically showing billing cycle 7 ( barring a late, of course) after that it's 6 more months.
The PC of Plats and QS1s are par the course, they do that all-day long...

Cap-1 is like a McDonald's drive thru if you hang around long enough you can TELL do new employee orientation because they operate like a big predictable well oiled machine over and over, same Big Mac

Good thing you know what to expect
Bad thing you better not expect much deviation
But at least very little surprises😉
Best of luck
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, Gemini, I wish PCing from QS1 to QS was par for the course. I've seen a LOT of DP showing they'll PC a Plat most of the time but it seems like PCing a QS1 is like pulling teeth.
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@michikade
You're 100% correct it took me months to get my QS1 PC'd... while others popped all over the place, some Plats as mentioned within, what seemed like minutes.

My point to the OP was that they WILL PC to QS, notwithstanding but that the CLI standards were way less flexible in a machine like fashion that one could set a watch to.

But, you're 1000% correct the WHEN on the PC cam be a crap shoot...does seem though that the Plats churn easier...but if one continues to bang via chat or CSR..they will PC but off the beaten track CLIs seem to be impossible, as do % rate reductions😃
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.