Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital 1 Quicksilver

tag
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Capital 1 Quicksilver

What is score & profile needed?
I'm not gong to app for this soon but probably next year some time. Maybe do this & BOA 123 They send me pre approval for that in the mail every month almost app'd for it last week. But Cap1 rarelt sends me anything at all & Quicksilver says "excellent credit" is needed.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital 1 Quicksilver

I believe there are two versions: one for average credit and the other for good credit.   If you have been receiving anything "pre-approved" w/ an invitation code, you may have a better chance.  But then again, it all depends on your credit report/profile overall so if you have major baddies/ thin profile/ low scores, it will def. lower your chances for approval.  Would you mind sharing your profile so that others can help you better?  aaoa/scores/baddies, etc?

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 2 of 11
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

I want the one without AF.
I've only got a couple pre approvals from C1 which were for reg MC. I got one last month but I don't want that I already have a worthless MC from them.
I get BOA every month & what ut states is basically if you receive it you WILL be approved as long as nothing has changed, you haven't app for FIA card products in last 90 days.
I plan to app for them at the same time & maybe a 3rd card.

My AAOA is short 2.6yrs
EQ 743 TU 756
No baddies

As of now I've got a lot of inquiries but I plan to app around April 2014 (just got to fight the urge of BOAs temptations) in which they will be aged at least 6 months, 1 will be gone, 3 will be 1yr+. I've got 15 total Cap1 triple pulled me last time, citi double pulled me & Chase double pulled last time too so that's 7 of them right now.
I'm trying to avoid anymore apps until I close on a homw & I don't want denial of new card for too many inquiries / new accounts or approval with lower limit.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 3 of 11
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

That should have said 7 out them right now from just 3 cards.

Also no baddies.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 4 of 11
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Tell us about the cards you have right now.  I am especially interested in the Cap One card you have.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 5 of 11
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@MoreRewards wrote:
I want the one without AF.
I've only got a couple pre approvals from C1 which were for reg MC. I got one last month but I don't want that I already have a worthless MC from them.
I get BOA every month & what ut states is basically if you receive it you WILL be approved as long as nothing has changed, you haven't app for FIA card products in last 90 days.
I plan to app for them at the same time & maybe a 3rd card.

My AAOA is short 2.6yrs
EQ 743 TU 756
No baddies

As of now I've got a lot of inquiries but I plan to app around April 2014 (just got to fight the urge of BOAs temptations) in which they will be aged at least 6 months, 1 will be gone, 3 will be 1yr+. I've got 15 total Cap1 triple pulled me last time, citi double pulled me & Chase double pulled last time too so that's 7 of them right now.
I'm trying to avoid anymore apps until I close on a homw & I don't want denial of new card for too many inquiries / new accounts or approval with lower limit.

FYI. Cap1 triple pulls most if not every time.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 11
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

It's just a lame Platinum MC I got this April with a $300 limit that increased last month to $500. A card I should have never app'd for.

The others are
Chase Slate, Citi Diamond Preffered, MC from local bank, FNBO Amex, Chase Freedom, the 3 cards I got last month Sallie Mae, Discover It & Walmart DS.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 7 of 11
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@MoreRewards wrote:
It's just a lame Platinum MC I got this April with a $300 limit that increased last month to $500. A card I should have never app'd for.

The others are
Chase Slate, Citi Diamond Preffered, MC from local bank, FNBO Amex, Chase Freedom, the 3 cards I got last month Sallie Mae, Discover It & Walmart DS.

First off, think about calling Cap One EO.  Not sure what your credit profile is, but hopefully decent.  Ask for significant CLI (quote your highest CL card and ask for that CL) and also ask for PC to Quicksilver or adding 1.5% cash back rewards to card.  Pretty much everyone can get that just by asking Cap One EO.  Oh, if you have AF, ask for that to be waived or changed to no AF.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 8 of 11
Apinzon2374
Regular Contributor

I have the MC version with the AF and got it when I still had a thin file. I'm not sure what the "profile," they look for is but I don't think you should have much trouble getting approved for the Visa one which has no AF.

Not to get off topic or hijack this thread, but out of curiosity, when contacting the EO what info should one include?

Capital One Quicksilver | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire | AMEX Blue Cash Everyday
Scores: EX: 725 | TU:742
Message 9 of 11
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

I think my pro is decent but I'm no expert. I got the $200 bump last month & plan to request online this month & go from there with the EO. I never really plan on using it even with an increased CL. Except if they would add rewards maybe. It has high APR but I don't plan on carrying balance if I get quicksilver so I'd treat this the same. My current doesn't have AF otherwise I wouldn't have got it.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.