Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital 1 or Home Depot???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital 1 or Home Depot???

Hi Frnds I got two pre approved CC's one from Cap1 platinum masterCard with $300 CL & It has annual membership fee of 39$ and the other one is Home Depot with $500 CL,there is no annual fee for this. Please tell me which one is better in these two.. Thanks&Regards reddy

Message Edited by HI-ALL on 12-13-2007 07:33 AM
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
oneloveforall_2000
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital 1 or Home Depot???

home depot
Message 2 of 17
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

Agreed, home depot is better

Never pay an AF if you dont have to!
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sonority & Oneloveforall Thanks for ur fast response. I have one more question, before I used to have a cap1 CC but it was closed(PIF). It is gonna be helpful for my CR/CH, if I apply for cap1 again. For the above Cap1 CC, they said that my CL will automatically increase after 3 months. waiting for ur suggestion. Thanks&Regards reddy

Message Edited by HI-ALL on 12-13-2007 08:32 AM
Message 4 of 17
oneloveforall_2000
Frequent Contributor

HI-ALL wrote: Hi Sonority & Oneloveforall Thanks for ur fast response. I have one more question, before I used to have a cap1 CC but it was closed(PIF). It is gonna be helpful for my CR/CH, if I apply for cap1 again. For the above Cap1 CC, they said that my CL will automatically increase after 3 months. waiting for ur suggestion. Thanks&Regards reddy Message Edited by HI-ALL on 12-13-2007 08:32 AM
if you get the cap1 it will report as a new account any way, if you need the card get it, but I wouldn't pay af.. and I really hate cap1

Message Edited by oneloveforall_2000 on 12-13-2007 09:09 AM
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 1Loveforall Thank you. I will prefer Home Depot then.But I don't whether it is a Home Depot store card or master card sth. According to the letter which I got from them,It is saying "THE HOME DEPOT CONSUMER CC". is it the same one,which everyone is talking abt in this forum. Have a Nice Day reddy
Message 6 of 17
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I would go with HomeDepot. More CL and no AF. With these T&C I would take HD at any time.
Message 7 of 17
pattycake
Established Contributor

Go with Home Depot - it's not the Visa or MC, but the store card will be good for util and you'll be able to show good payment activity if you simply use it and pay it. They are banked by Citi, so if you do well with them, you'll likely get offers from Citi, too (they have a great range of products).

I have a Home Depot card and I LOVE it. I used it to purchase a fabulous front-loading washer for 10% off, a $200 gift card and 14 months no interest. They are generous with CLIs, using a soft hit, but you can only ask for them online or over the phone every three months or so.
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you pattycake

I will go for HOME DEPOT. will they accept my appl with these scores

my FICO scores ranging bet : 610-650 (3 CRA)

Have a Nice Day

reddy

Message Edited by HI-ALL on 12-13-2007 10:16 AM
Message 9 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

why choose... GET BOTH.
They are 2 totally different cards.
You will see great CLI on Home Depot then Capital One, but obviously a Visa might be more benificial than a store card.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.