cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One 12 months later.. Questions..

tag
6speed8
Regular Contributor

Capital One 12 months later.. Questions..

June 10th will be one year since Ch 7 discharge. I got a Cap One Platinum in May before discharge for $500 with the "make your payments for 6 months and we'll up it to $750." Two weeks after discharge, I got a Quick Silver card for $750 with the same 6 month increase deal to $1000. In November at the 6 month point, they increased the Platinum to $2500 and the QS to $3000 in December. I combined the Platinum into the QS a couple of months ago for a $5500 limit.

My question: How often from that point does Cap One review and offer increases or do I have to request a review for further limit increases ?

CH 7 Discharged 6/10/15
T/U - 643
EQ - 588
Ex - 647 as of 6/14/15
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One 12 months later.. Questions..

You can ask for a CLI 6 months from your last CLI. I don't know if Cap1 offers it or if it's a case of you have to ask to get one.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 was my very first card. In 8 years they have never offered a credit limit increase. The only thing I ever got was to go from my Cap1 (no points regualr card) to the QS with transferred acct history. You can request a CLI on the website and it will not pull hard. Best of luck!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to request it. Every 6 months is fine and it's a SP
Message 4 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Agree. Usually have to request. Although for me they have auto increased on a couple of occasions.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 6
6speed8
Regular Contributor

Thanks all. June 25 will be 12 months with the card and 6 months since they increased it. I'll wait until mid-July or so before I request it just for giggles...

CH 7 Discharged 6/10/15
T/U - 643
EQ - 588
Ex - 647 as of 6/14/15
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.