Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One 3 hard pulls?!?!

tag
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One 3 hard pulls?!?!

only 1 silver lining with Capital One apps, it makes you eligible for new free credit reports from Experian, Transunion, and Experian approved or denied Smiley Happy

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 21 of 29
Omri
New Contributor

Approved *or* denied? How does that work? I got approved for a Cap One card on 10/8 - is it too late for me?

Recent FICO scores: TU - 755 (mortgage lender pull)
Message 22 of 29
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Omri wrote:

Approved *or* denied? How does that work? I got approved for a Cap One card on 10/8 - is it too late for me?

Your fine, you got 60 days

http://credit.about.com/od/creditreportscoring/qt/How-To-Get-A-Free-Credit-Report-When-Denied-Credit...

Message 23 of 29
scarzy
Regular Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@Omri wrote:

http://credit.about.com/od/creditreportscoring/qt/How-To-Get-A-Free-Credit-Report-When-Denied-Credit...

Can someone verifiy if you can pull a credit report if you were approved for a credit card? That link shows only for denials.

Unless the CB doesn't know if you were approved or denied, they just see it as a credit pull. Hmmm...

So, I can tell them I was denied! No?!?! Then get my free credit report?!?!

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

Message 24 of 29
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

I don't really see why people hate this so much. It's not three on the same bureau, so to me it isn't that big of a deal. Many people on here seem to have negatives on some or one report instead of all of them. I reckon Capital One just wants to get all the information they can about the credit profile.

The reason I hate it is because its another negative thing about the company. If it was for a sub-prime cards only it may be accpectible but they do it on the prime cards as well, then most of the time you are locked into the CL you are given any more than a single CLI is unlikely. I would understand if AMEX did it, at least you can get CLI's every 6 months and a company that works with you and values you as a customer. CapOne you are just another customer they get 1000's new one each day they don't care if you cancel your account with a perfect payment history, I think they value people that screw up and miss payments more than they miss the one that earn them no money in extra fees. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 25 of 29
distantarray
Established Contributor

@scarzy wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@Omri wrote:

Can someone verifiy if you can pull a credit report if you were approved for a credit card? That link shows only for denials.

Unless the CB doesn't know if you were approved or denied, they just see it as a credit pull. Hmmm...

So, I can tell them I was denied! No?!?! Then get my free credit report?!?!

I've personally got them after approvals as well, the link is just for denials quick one i found, i would lookk for another one for approvals but i'm on a tablet and it's weird to cut and paste on this thing. Another way I found is to ke a dispute with CFPB consumer financial protection bureau. I made disputes for my parents colllections that are improperly posted, and next thing I know is I got 6 credit reports lol!   two collections on my parents accounts. both my dad's.

Message 26 of 29
Jutz
Valued Contributor

I'm thinking maybe since Cap1 pretty much only hands out subprime APR they would need to provide reason for not providing the prime rate?  I could be off, just trying to follow what distant means.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 27 of 29
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Jutz wrote:

I'm thinking maybe since Cap1 pretty much only hands out subprime APR they would need to provide reason for not providing the prime rate?  I could be off, just trying to follow what distant means.

I think capital one pulls all three mainly cause they're primarily a subprime lender. Most people do not consider Capital one a tier 1 lender, most the people here would prefer Amex or Chase by a landslide probably in most cases. Also I feel that most people are probably graduates of their credit start programs etc cause they're the main lender that approves people for unsecured credit lines with NO credit. All in all I personally don't like any of their cards, some think I'm crazy but I feel there are bettter out there, instead of the venture card since I have access to Navy Federal I prefer to go Flagship Rewards route for a 2% card. lower annual fee and I'm 99.9% sure they would give me a much better limit. I'm pretty sure it has a foreign transaction fee but I already have CSP that has it so I'm not worried.

Also good 2% cards out there like Priceline or Nasa, Fidelity Amex which gives 2% with no annual fees as well.

Since Majority of their approvals are based off bad or no credit i'm not surprised the pull all 3 which is what I meant arlier.

Message 28 of 29
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@Jutz wrote:

I think capital one pulls all three mainly cause they're primarily a subprime lender. Most people do not consider Capital one a tier 1 lender, most the people here would prefer Amex or Chase by a landslide probably in most cases. Also I feel that most people are probably graduates of their credit start programs etc cause they're the main lender that approves people for unsecured credit lines with NO credit. All in all I personally don't like any of their cards, some think I'm crazy but I feel there are bettter out there, instead of the venture card since I have access to Navy Federal I prefer to go Flagship Rewards route for a 2% card. lower annual fee and I'm 99.9% sure they would give me a much better limit. I'm pretty sure it has a foreign transaction fee but I already have CSP that has it so I'm not worried.

Also good 2% cards out there like Priceline or Nasa, Fidelity Amex which gives 2% with no annual fees as well.

Since Majority of their approvals are based off bad or no credit i'm not surprised the pull all 3 which is what I meant arlier.

Yes, mainly agree but some of the cards do get good reviews (outside of this forum!)  Yes, there are alternatives as good or better in many cases, but apart from Venutre, their Journey card for students seems pretty good.  (Both my kids were able to get $2K credit lines to start, and it pays back 1.25%)

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.