Reply
Established Contributor
distantarray
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011

Re: Capital One 3 hard pulls?!?!

only 1 silver lining with Capital One apps, it makes you eligible for new free credit reports from Experian, Transunion, and Experian approved or denied :smileyhappy:


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
New Contributor
Omri
Posts: 86
Registered: ‎10-29-2012

Re: Capital One 3 hard pulls?!?!

Approved *or* denied? How does that work? I got approved for a Cap One card on 10/8 - is it too late for me?

 

Recent FICO scores: TU - 755 (mortgage lender pull)
Established Contributor
distantarray
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011

Re: Capital One 3 hard pulls?!?!


Omri wrote:

Approved *or* denied? How does that work? I got approved for a Cap One card on 10/8 - is it too late for me?

 


Your fine, you got 60 days

 

http://credit.about.com/od/creditreportscoring/qt/How-To-Get-A-Free-Credit-Report-When-Denied-Credit...

 


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Regular Contributor
scarzy
Posts: 210
Registered: ‎04-08-2008

Re: Capital One 3 hard pulls?!?!

[ Edited ]

distantarray wrote:

Omri wrote:

Approved *or* denied? How does that work? I got approved for a Cap One card on 10/8 - is it too late for me?

 


Your fine, you got 60 days

 

http://credit.about.com/od/creditreportscoring/qt/How-To-Get-A-Free-Credit-Report-When-Denied-Credit...

 


 

 

Can someone verifiy if you can pull a credit report if you were approved for a credit card? That link shows only for denials.

Unless the CB doesn't know if you were approved or denied, they just see it as a credit pull. Hmmm...

So, I can tell them I was denied! No?!?! Then get my free credit report?!?!

 

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

Valued Contributor
jamesdwi
Posts: 1,407
Registered: ‎09-16-2011

Re: Capital One 3 hard pulls?!?!


navigatethis12 wrote:

I don't really see why people hate this so much. It's not three on the same bureau, so to me it isn't that big of a deal. Many people on here seem to have negatives on some or one report instead of all of them. I reckon Capital One just wants to get all the information they can about the credit profile.


The reason I hate it is because its another negative thing about the company. If it was for a sub-prime cards only it may be accpectible but they do it on the prime cards as well, then most of the time you are locked into the CL you are given any more than a single CLI is unlikely. I would understand if AMEX did it, at least you can get CLI's every 6 months and a company that works with you and values you as a customer. CapOne you are just another customer they get 1000's new one each day they don't care if you cancel your account with a perfect payment history, I think they value people that screw up and miss payments more than they miss the one that earn them no money in extra fees. 

 

 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Amtrak 4.6k, & Freedom 3.3k & Slate 3.3k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & AMEX Hilton Surpass 7.5k & AMEX Zync NPSL, Sams Club Discover 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne 2.5k, CapOne 750, Amazon 3.9k, Walmart 4.5k, Citi HHonors Gold 6k, Discover IT 6.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP 4/26//2014 no plans for new credit I think I have enough.
Established Contributor
distantarray
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011

Re: Capital One 3 hard pulls?!?!


scarzy wrote:

distantarray wrote:

Omri wrote:

Approved *or* denied? How does that work? I got approved for a Cap One card on 10/8 - is it too late for me?

 


Your fine, you got 60 days

 

http://credit.about.com/od/creditreportscoring/qt/How-To-Get-A-Free-Credit-Report-When-Denied-Credit...

 


 

 

Can someone verifiy if you can pull a credit report if you were approved for a credit card? That link shows only for denials.

Unless the CB doesn't know if you were approved or denied, they just see it as a credit pull. Hmmm...

So, I can tell them I was denied! No?!?! Then get my free credit report?!?!

 


I've personally got them after approvals as well, the link is just for denials quick one i found, i would lookk for another one for approvals but i'm on a tablet and it's weird to cut and paste on this thing. Another way I found is to ke a dispute with CFPB consumer financial protection bureau. I made disputes for my parents colllections that are improperly posted, and next thing I know is I got 6 credit reports lol!   two collections on my parents accounts. both my dad's.


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Valued Contributor
Jutz
Posts: 1,216
Registered: ‎05-10-2012

Re: Capital One 3 hard pulls?!?!

I'm thinking maybe since Cap1 pretty much only hands out subprime APR they would need to provide reason for not providing the prime rate?  I could be off, just trying to follow what distant means.

  • Current: EQ FICO 694, TU FICO 695, EX FICO 698 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $29,500
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 6 TU 3 EX 6 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $5000
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $1000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $2400
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Established Contributor
distantarray
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011

Re: Capital One 3 hard pulls?!?!

[ Edited ]

Jutz wrote:

I'm thinking maybe since Cap1 pretty much only hands out subprime APR they would need to provide reason for not providing the prime rate?  I could be off, just trying to follow what distant means.


 

 

I think capital one pulls all three mainly cause they're primarily a subprime lender. Most people do not consider Capital one a tier 1 lender, most the people here would prefer Amex or Chase by a landslide probably in most cases. Also I feel that most people are probably graduates of their credit start programs etc cause they're the main lender that approves people for unsecured credit lines with NO credit. All in all I personally don't like any of their cards, some think I'm crazy but I feel there are bettter out there, instead of the venture card since I have access to Navy Federal I prefer to go Flagship Rewards route for a 2% card. lower annual fee and I'm 99.9% sure they would give me a much better limit. I'm pretty sure it has a foreign transaction fee but I already have CSP that has it so I'm not worried.

 

Also good 2% cards out there like Priceline or Nasa, Fidelity Amex which gives 2% with no annual fees as well.

 

 

Since Majority of their approvals are based off bad or no credit i'm not surprised the pull all 3 which is what I meant arlier.


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Valued Contributor
bs6054
Posts: 1,673
Registered: ‎11-11-2012

Re: Capital One 3 hard pulls?!?!


distantarray wrote:

Jutz wrote:

I'm thinking maybe since Cap1 pretty much only hands out subprime APR they would need to provide reason for not providing the prime rate?  I could be off, just trying to follow what distant means.


 

 

I think capital one pulls all three mainly cause they're primarily a subprime lender. Most people do not consider Capital one a tier 1 lender, most the people here would prefer Amex or Chase by a landslide probably in most cases. Also I feel that most people are probably graduates of their credit start programs etc cause they're the main lender that approves people for unsecured credit lines with NO credit. All in all I personally don't like any of their cards, some think I'm crazy but I feel there are bettter out there, instead of the venture card since I have access to Navy Federal I prefer to go Flagship Rewards route for a 2% card. lower annual fee and I'm 99.9% sure they would give me a much better limit. I'm pretty sure it has a foreign transaction fee but I already have CSP that has it so I'm not worried.

 

Also good 2% cards out there like Priceline or Nasa, Fidelity Amex which gives 2% with no annual fees as well.

 

 

Since Majority of their approvals are based off bad or no credit i'm not surprised the pull all 3 which is what I meant arlier.


Yes, mainly agree but some of the cards do get good reviews (outside of this forum!)  Yes, there are alternatives as good or better in many cases, but apart from Venutre, their Journey card for students seems pretty good.  (Both my kids were able to get $2K credit lines to start, and it pays back 1.25%)


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+