Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One 360??

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Capital One 360??

So ING Direct is changing their name to Capital One 360...just thought that was interesting. Got the email today!

"Our name is changing to Capital One 360 and our colors are changing to red and blue – but our commitment to you is staying the same.

Yep, it's true: As of February, we'll have a new name and fresh look on the outside – but on the inside, it's the same ING DIRECT you've come to know and love.

Typically with bank mergers, the things Customers care most about end up being the first things to change. But to us, you're what matters most, and we're going to keep it that way. Because we're not a typical bank, and this isn't a typical merger. So we're going to back up our commitment with a pledge to you, our Customers, about how this business is going to run moving forward."

Kind of disappointed. I do wonder now with the merge pretty much completed, will ING Direct/CapOne 360 begin offering a new line of credit cards and be different from regular CapOne?

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One 360??

I got same mail today... hopefully their customer service do not become like cap1.

Message 2 of 31
L-TWT
Established Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

So ING Direct is changing their name to Capital One 360...just thought that was interesting. Got the email today!

"Our name is changing to Capital One 360 and our colors are changing to red and blue – but our commitment to you is staying the same.

Yep, it's true: As of  February, we'll have a new name and fresh look on the outside – but on the inside, it's the same ING DIRECT you've come to know and love.

Typically with bank mergers, the things Customers care most about end up being the first things to change. But to us, you're what matters most, and we're going to keep it that way. Because we're not a typical bank, and this isn't a typical merger. So we're going to back up our commitment with a pledge to you, our Customers, about how this business is going to run moving forward

Kind of disappointed. I do wonder now with the merge pretty much completed, will ING Direct/CapOne 360 begin offering a new line of credit cards and be different from regular CapOne?

Rec'd the same E-mail this evening, so what do u guys think? do u think the same low **bleep**?

Message 3 of 31
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

I received the same email.  I'm kinda disappointed because I love the look of the orange. 

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 31
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Be ready for crap1 service. They claim it won't happen, but it will. HSBC did a good job at servicing the best buy accounts, crap1 took over and now they are terrible.

Also, probably not applicable...but during a merger like this. If you have high deposits in both banks, you will lose FDIC insurance. For example, you have $250k deposited with each bank. Before you had $500k in coverage for your $500k deposit, after all is completed you will only have $250k in coverage for your $500k deposit.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 5 of 31
PleioneG
Regular Contributor

Captail One is making a lot of business out of buying others out. I have an ING account but its barely used.

BK7 Discharge: 2/18.
Message 6 of 31
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

HAHA, this is to funny, just received the email and was copying to post... Capital One seems to be buying things up left and right!

Message 7 of 31
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Maybe they hope to become too big to fail....lol

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 8 of 31
Mr_FYI

>> Also, probably not applicable...but during a merger like this ...

Ummm ... actually, it IS applicable .... which shows how much you know. 

Don't know what your experience was, but I also have a best buy card and at least 2 times since "crap 1" took over, I was flat out careless and missed my due date by a day or two.  They readily reversed the past due fees, no discussion needed.  Of course, I hadn't missed any in the previous five years I had the account.

What was your beef with your HSBC/best buy account?

Message 9 of 31
YahComb
Established Contributor

@Mr_FYI wrote:

>> Also, probably not applicable...but during a merger like this ...

Ummm ... actually, it IS applicable .... which shows how much you know. 

Don't know what your experience was, but I also have a best buy card and at least 2 times since "crap 1" took over, I was flat out careless and missed my due date by a day or two.  They readily reversed the past due fees, no discussion needed.  Of course, I hadn't missed any in the previous five years I had the account.

What's your beef?

Doesn't sound like any beef.  Vast majority of people do not have half a mil in the bank.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.