Reply
New Member
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎02-01-2013
0

Re: Capital One 360??


YahComb wrote:

Mr_FYI wrote:

>> Also, probably not applicable...but during a merger like this ...

 

Ummm ... actually, it IS applicable .... which shows how much you know. 

 

Don't know what your experience was, but I also have a best buy card and at least 2 times since "crap 1" took over, I was flat out careless and missed my due date by a day or two.  They readily reversed the past due fees, no discussion needed.  Of course, I hadn't missed any in the previous five years I had the account.

 

What's your beef?


Doesn't sound like any beef.  Vast majority of people do not have half a mil in the bank.



I clarified my response.  Dustink had an issue with best buy under Capital One.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 199
Registered: ‎11-24-2012
0

Re: Capital One 360??


Creditaddict wrote:

HAHA, this is to funny, just received the email and was copying to post... Capital One seems to be buying things up left and right!



You know..... this may be the reason why they are being a bit more generous with the CLIs. There might be some link here with them buying other lenders out and all...IJS. They went all this time being stingy and then all of a sudden you call the EO and BAM you have a credit line moved from $300 to $2000. Capital One is feeling a little brand new and wanting to compete with the big dogs!

Current Score: TU 671 / EQ 675 / EX 682
Goal Score: 700 Club Across the board!

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,673
Registered: ‎11-11-2012
0

Re: Capital One 360??


jennylocha wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

HAHA, this is to funny, just received the email and was copying to post... Capital One seems to be buying things up left and right!



You know..... this may be the reason why they are being a bit more generous with the CLIs. There might be some link here with them buying other lenders out and all...IJS. They went all this time being stingy and then all of a sudden you call the EO and BAM you have a credit line moved from $300 to $2000. Capital One is feeling a little brand new and wanting to compete with the big dogs!


They really have been with the "big dogs" for a while, 6th largest US bank by deposit and 4th largest credit card issuer.

 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,954
Registered: ‎01-24-2012
0

Re: Capital One 360??

Well it has been about one year and a half since all of this started, and I haven't noticed anything different with how ING operated. I do not really use the account anyway, but Sharebuilder had a nice bonus recently and it was easy to obtain and customer service was helpful. Maybe they will have credit cards for Capital One 360 or Sharebuilder now.

 


Dustink wrote:

Be ready for crap1 service. They claim it won't happen, but it will. HSBC did a good job at servicing the best buy accounts, crap1 took over and now they are terrible.

 

Also, probably not applicable...but during a merger like this. If you have high deposits in both banks, you will lose FDIC insurance. For example, you have $250k deposited with each bank. Before you had $500k in coverage for your $500k deposit, after all is completed you will only have $250k in coverage for your $500k deposit.


They sent an email about this a while back. If you have an account at Capital One USA, N.A. you can have 250000 at both Capital One and Capital One 360. If you have an account at Capital One, N.A. , then you can only have 250000 combined between the two.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,673
Registered: ‎11-11-2012
0

Re: Capital One 360??


Dustink wrote:

Be ready for crap1 service. They claim it won't happen, but it will. HSBC did a good job at servicing the best buy accounts, crap1 took over and now they are terrible.

 

Also, probably not applicable...but during a merger like this. If you have high deposits in both banks, you will lose FDIC insurance. For example, you have $250k deposited with each bank. Before you had $500k in coverage for your $500k deposit, after all is completed you will only have $250k in coverage for your $500k deposit.


Personal opinion alert:  The term "Crap 1" might have been funny/mildly amusing the first time.  And maybe the second.   But less so with each subsequent use.

New Member
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎03-16-2012
0

Re: Capital One 360??

"Checking and savings deposits made before November 1, 2012 will stay separately insured until 6 months following November 1, 2012 (or, May 1, 2013). Then, your FDIC coverage will be based on your total combined deposits at Capital One, N.A. and Capital One 360 up to the FDIC max of $250,000 per depositor — or $500,000 for joint depositors. For checking and savings deposits made on or after November 1, 2012, your FDIC coverage is already based on the total combined deposits at Capital One, N.A. and Capital One 360 to the FDIC max of $250,000 per depositor — or $500,000 for joint depositors."

 

Yeah, the FDIC coverage will merge eventually, but you still have a few months before that happens.  Just something to keep in mind if you have money in both banks.

Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,197
Registered: ‎01-24-2010
0

Re: Capital One 360??


bs6054 wrote:


Personal opinion alert:  The term "Crap 1" might have been funny/mildly amusing the first time.  And maybe the second.   But less so with each subsequent use.


It makes it easier to decide whose post to ignore.  

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 496
Registered: ‎11-13-2012
0

Re: Capital One 360??

I loved my Electric Orange.  For me it was the pooh.  Even with all the hype about how nothing will be changing except the name, I'm afraid it will begin to smell like pooh instead.  Backup plans well underway.


GangnamFICO wrote:

Because the chicks dig it when I throw down the card to the waiter and...it comes in handy if I'm short on cash until payday and need a short spot. AMEX gets the booty, and that's important when you're a Pirate.


Minor vulgarity edit --Rev



Frequent Contributor
Posts: 311
Registered: ‎06-14-2013
0

Re: Capital One 360??

I recently opened up a savings account with Cap One 360 in Mid-May.  However, I am interested in Capital One 360 checking.  Does anyone know if Capital One 360 pulls all three bureaus like regular Capital One?  Or do they pull only one?

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 374
Registered: ‎02-10-2013
0

Re: Capital One 360??

For a checking account? I HIGHLY doubt that they pull your credit.
As of 1/10/2014 EX FICO - 748. EQ FICO - 728. Trans FICO - 755

WellsFargo - $3,000 AMEX BCE - $18,000 Chase Freedom - $4,000



Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.